Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) in Taunton
If you are suffering with excess skin following pregnancy or major weight loss, our cosmetic surgeons can help provide you with the aesthetic results you desire through tummy tuck surgery at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £180|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£6,135|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic experts in Taunton
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Staplegrove Elm, Taunton, TA2 6AN
Why choose Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital for your tummy tuck surgery?
At Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital our consultant cosmetic surgeons have extensive experience in practicing a range of procedures, with many specialising in abdominoplasty, more commonly known as 'tummy tuck' surgery.
Tummy tuck surgery can provide excellent results for those who suffer from excess skin and who want their waist line tightened following major weight loss or pregnancy. Our consultants understand that every patient is different, as a result our patients in Taunton are provided with a treatment plan which is individually tailored to them and their unique body.
We firmly believe that undergoing any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step to take, that's why we advise all patients to undergo a full consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons in Taunton first. This ensures that patients understand and assess all the options before making an informed decision on whether to undergo treatment.
How to book a consultation at our hospital in Taunton
If you are thinking of undergoing an abdominoplasty procedure and wish to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team on 01823 250612.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having your abdominoplasty
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any procedure there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what to ask before surgery.