Liposuction treatment in Leeds
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital in Yorkshire offers first-class medical facilities, relaxing patient accommodation and a dedicated plastic surgery team. We specialise in liposuction treatment. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,985|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our Leeds Hospital today:
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
2 Leighton Street, Leeds, LS1 3EB
Why choose Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for my liposuction?
The Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is conveniently located in the heart of Leeds, with free parking for private patients and visitors (or alternatively, book our executive car service). We pride ourselves on providing the people of Yorkshire, and the surrounding areas, with exceptional patient care. Recovery from your liposuction procedure takes time and at our Leeds Hospital we offer a complete treatment package that includes any aftercare you need.
We offer spacious private bedrooms with en-suite and wi-fi. Our flexible visitors policy means family and friends can visit you during the day whenever you like.
If you're considering liposuction treatment why not book a complimentary 10-minute one-to-one and meet a consultant plastic and aesthetic surgeon. You will have a 10-minute discussion with one of our experts and find out more about the treatment you're interested in. They will talk through everything with you and we stand by our no pressure approach.
If you would like to speak to our lead cosmetic surgery nurse, she can also provide you with literature on the procedure and treatments you are interested in, Or alternatively arrange to meet her and look around our facilities. If you feel you would then like to see a consultant we can make an appointment for you to explore you options fully.
Where do people have liposuction?
Liposuction is commonly used to treat people who are near normal weight and who have firm elastic skin. It is important to understand that liposuction is not a substitution for weight loss. Common areas of the body that we treat include:
- Upper arms
- Male breasts
What happens during liposuction?
Your consultant in Leeds will assess your general health, skin quality and the amount of fat to be removed before discussing what approach should be used.
- If only small areas of fat are to be removed you may have local anaesthetic
- More extensive surgery may require general anaesthetic
- The length of your liposuction procedure will depend on the amount of fat being removed
- Your surgeon will make a small incision in the skin
- Using a thin, hollow tube they will break up the fat cells beneath the skin surface and remove them with a special suction or vacuum
- Several incisions may be required for larger areas
- Any incisions will be stitched at the end of the procedure
- The area will be bandaged for support.
Recovering after your liposuction
- Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may be able to have the procedure as a day case
- You will need pain relief medication once the anaesthesia has worn off
- You may need to wear an elastic support garment for between 2 - 6 weeks after surgery
- Remember to ask a friend or relative to drive you home (or alternatively, book our executive car service).
- You will need to have your stitches removed 5 - 10 days after surgery
- You may need to take 1 - 2 weeks off work depending on the extent of your treatment
- For the first few weeks you will need to rest and avoid any strenuous activity
- Once the swelling has decreased you will notice a difference in your body contour
- However it may take up to 6 months for the area in question to settle down
- The results of liposuction appear gradually as swelling and bruising subsides
- The overall appearance will be visible within 2 - 3 weeks and most of the remaining swelling will have gone within 6 - 12 weeks
- However, your shape will continue to improve over the next 6 months to a year, as long as your weight is stable.
The below chart is only a guide to the stages of recovery after liposuction. Everyone is different.
Day 1 – 3
Day 7 – 10
Except when bathing an elastic support garment must be worn day and night around the operation site (does not apply to facial surgery)
Walking may be uncomfortable if your procedure was in the lower part of your body.
Gradually increase your activity.
Any stitches or staples are removed.
Return to work if approved by your surgeon
Normal activity level resumed.
You may need to continue to wear your support garment.
You no longer need to wear a support garment
It can take 6 months for any swelling to disappear.
You may feel some numbness in the area
Final result can be judged as long as your weight has remained stable.
Every surgical procedure has a risk of complications. Be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about these risks with your surgeon.
Specific complications of liposuction may include:
- Stiffness and pain
- Unusual sensations
- Fine thread veins
- Lumpy appearance as remaining fat settles.
Worried about how people might react to your new look after cosmetic surgery? Here are eight helpful tips on how to step back into the world with confidence.