Get the individual attention you need and deserve with liposuction treatment provided by our expert cosmetic surgeons at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital. Find out how we can help you lose that stubborn fat.
Why choose Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital for your liposuction treatment?
When undergoing any cosmetic surgery at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital you will receive first class private medical care. Our experienced consultants specialise in carrying out liposuction treatment and regularly help patients lose that stubborn fat which doesn't seem to respond to more conventional dieting and exercise methods.
By choosing Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital for your liposuction, you can rest assured that our highly experienced consultants will provide you with first-class care through a treatment plan individually tailored to you.
To ensure that our quality healthcare is consistent throughout your journey, all of our consultants are fully supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team. Our nursing staff are accredited for their excellent hygiene standards, friendliness and dedication to ensuring your comfort during your stay.
Booking a consultation at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
If you are unsure about whether to undertake liposuction treatment, or want some questions answered, you can find out more about the cosmetic benefits by speaking to our cosmetic experts. Give our enquiry team a call today on 01223370922 and arrange a consultation to discuss your personal circumstances and all the options available to you.
Liposuction - What areas of the body can be treated?
Liposuction is commonly used to treat patients who are near normal weight and have firm elastic skin. It is important to understand that it is not a substitution for weight loss. Common areas treated are:
- Upper arms
- Male breasts.
What happens during liposuction at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital?
- Your consultant will assess your health, skin quality and the amount of fat to be removed before talking you through what approach should be employed
- Various types of anaesthesia are used during liposuction treatment
- If only small areas of fat are to be removed you may have local anaesthetic
- More extensive surgery may require a general anaesthetic (you will be put to sleep)
- The length of your liposuction procedure will depend on the amount of fat being removed
- Your surgeon will make a small incision in the skin
- Using a thin, hollow tube they will break up the fat cells beneath the skin surface and remove them with a special suction or vacuum. Several incisions may be required for larger areas
- Any incisions will be stitched at the end of the procedure
- The area will be bandaged for support.
Recovering from liposuction
- Depending on the extent of your surgery, you may be able to have the procedure as a day case
- You will need pain relief medication once the anaesthesia wears off
- You may need to wear an elastic support garment for two to six weeks after surgery
- Remember to ask a friend or relative to drive you home
- You will need to have your stitches removed five to ten days following your liposuction surgery
- You may need to take one to two weeks off work depending on the extent of your surgery
- For the first few weeks you will need to rest and avoid any strenuous activity
- Once the swelling has decreased you will notice a difference in your body contour
- However it may take up to six months to the area to settle down completely.
Stages of recovery post liposuction treatment, (only a guide)
- Except when bathing an elastic support garment must be worn day and night around the operation site (does not apply to facial surgery).
- Walking may be uncomfortable if your procedure was in the lower part of your body
- Gradually increase your activity.
- Any stitches or staples are removed.
- Return to work if approved by your surgeon.
- Normal activity level resumed
- You may need to continue to wear support garment.
- You no longer need to wear support garment.
- It can take 6 months for any swelling to disappear
- You may feel some numbness in the area.
- Final result can be judged, as long as your weight has remained stable.
The results of liposuction appear gradually and will differ for everybody before swelling and bruising subside. The overall appearance will be visible within two to three weeks and most of the remaining swelling will have gone within six to 12 weeks. However, your shape will continue to improve over the next six months to a year, as long as your weight is stable
What are the complications of liposuction treatment?
Every surgical procedure has a chance of complications arising. And like any other surgical treatments, be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about the associated risks with your consultant surgeon.
Specific complications of liposuction (although rare) could include:
- Stiffness and pain
- Unusual sensations
- Fine thread veins
- Lumpy appearance as remaining fat settles.
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
Ways to pay
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more