Cystoscopy in Cambridge
At Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital our urology experts specialise in cystoscopy (diagnostic bladder examination) and can provide you with a detailed analysis, outlining the health of your bladder. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £240|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£1,670|
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our men's health Experts
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
4 Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2 8AF
Why choose Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital for your flexible cystoscopy procedure?
This diagnostic procedure examines the inside of your bladder and urethra tube using a special instrument called a cystoscope. Our men's health experts in Cambridge can provide you with rapid access to the procedure and quick access to a detailed diagnostic analysis after the examination.
Our brand new hospital located close to Cambridge's city centre has already accomplished a remarkable reputation in Cambridgeshire for our excellent practice of private healthcare. Our experienced consultants, attentive nursing team and state-of-the-art medical facilities have helped us achieve an "Outstanding" score from our recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) report.
By choosing to have your diagnostic treatment with Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital, you can rest assured that you will be in the best possible medical hands. Our approach to private healthcare ensures that you you will receive the attention you need and deserve with no hidden costs and no time limit on your aftercare.
How to book your consultation at our hospital in Cambridge
If you are looking to undergo a diagnostic cystoscopy procedure and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our men's health experts in Cambridge, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team on 01223 853 595. Alternatively, please fill out a contact form above and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
What happens during a cystoscopy in Cambridge?
- A cystoscopy is usually performed using a variety of anaesthetics
- You may also be given a sedative to help you relax
- An anaesthesiologist will recommend what method will be used based on your own situation
- This procedure is usually performed as a day case meaning you will be able to go home the day of your procedure
- A jelly like substance will be applied to your urethra. This is a local anaesthetic to numb the area and help the cystoscope pass through your urethra
- Your consultant will ease the cystoscope gently through your urethra and carefully examine the passage as well as the lining of your bladder
- Sterile water may be used to flush the area
- They will look for any abnormalities and may take a urine or tissue sample for analysis in a lab
- In some cases a tissue sample will be taken and sent to a lab for analysis
- You may be given antibiotics to help prevent any infection.
Going home after your cystoscopy at Nuffield Health Cambridge Hospital
- You should arrange for someone to drive you home when you are discharged
- For the first few days after a cystoscopy many people experience a burning sensation when urinating
- In addition, if you have had a tissue sample taken you may see blood in your urine
- Drink plenty of water to help ease these symptoms.
Most people recover well from a cystoscopy. Complications are rare but they could include:
- Swelling in your urethra (inability to pass urine)
- Urinary tract infection