Mr Heman Joshi is a Consultant Surgeon based at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
He undertook advanced surgical training in London and Oxford and further sub-specialist training as an International Fellow in Robotic Surgery in South Korea.
He is a co-investigator on several clinical trials and was awarded a PhD for basic science research into pelvic floor dysfunction from the University of Oxford.
He is accomplished in minimally invasive surgical techniques (e.g. key-hole, robot-assisted, single-port) which reduce post-operative pain and allow early return to normal activities.
Mr Joshi is a fully accredited and highly experienced endoscopist who performs upper and lower gastrointestinal procedures.
He is fully committed to undergraduate and postgraduate training at the University of Cambridge, supervising students and foundation doctors undertaking clinical research projects.
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Robotic assisted surgery
- Fluorescence guided surgery
- Digestive diseases
- Endoscopic Pilonidal Sinus Treatment (EPSiT)
- Video assisted anal fistula treatment (VAAFT)
- Haemorrhoids (THD, Raefaelo)
- Anal fissure (Botox)
Early and advanced colorectal cancer.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Heman Joshi at Nuffield Health
- Family history screening
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Local anaesthetic
- Liver function tests
- Return to work assessments
- Pelvic floor repair
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Fine needle biopsy
- Haematology profiles
- Blood test
- Excisional biopsy
- Core biochemistry screens
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Transanal haemorrhoid dearterialisation (THD)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Colorectal screening
- Pelvic surgery
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- The Rafaelo® Procedure
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Surgeons
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons GB&I
Other posts held
- Consultant General & Colorectal Surgeon at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Heman Joshi works with
Mr Heman Joshi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- AXA - Global Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa Global
- Bupa On Demand
- Cigna International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Healix Healthcare
- Healthcare RM
- Medical Care Direct
- Police Mutual
- Standard Life
- Tesco Bank
- The Exeter Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Heman Joshi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Heman Joshi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Heman Joshi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.