At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our specialist women's health experts regularly perform vaginal prolapse repair surgery for women who have suffered a vaginal prolapse following a hysterectomy, childbirth or the menopause.
Why choose Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your vaginal prolapse surgery?
Are you suffering from vaginal prolapse following a hysterectomy procedure? If so, our expert women's health consultants can provide you with quick access to vaginal prolapse surgery through a treatment plan individually tailored to you.
Hysterectomy procedures can weaken your pelvic floor which can often lead to vaginal prolapse that can become painful and unsightly. Other causes for vaginal prolapse include childbirth and hormonal changes during the menopause.
Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital has established itself as one of the leading private hospitals in Essex for gynaecology services. Our experienced consultant gynaecologists have built a robust reputation across The East for their high percentage of successful patient outcomes from a range of women's health treatments.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
If you have already tried conservative treatments to heal your vaginal prolapse and want to discuss surgical treatments with a professional in Brentwood, you will need to book an initial consultation.
To book, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01277 695 695. If you are not able to make a call, you can fill out a contact form above and an enquiry handler will get back to you at a more convenient time.
What happens during vaginal prolapse surgery?
- Vaginal prolapse surgery is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- In some cases, it can be performed as laparoscopic surgery
- The length of the procedure will depend on the extent of your prolapse
- Your consultant will make incisions inside your vagina and strengthen the supporting tissues with stitches
- They may make repairs to both the back and front vaginal walls
- Additional supporting stitches may be needed may be needed at the top of your vagina or into your cervix
- In some cases, surgical mesh may be used. Any wounds will be closed using dissolvable staples
- At the end of your procedure, they may insert a catheter into your bladder to drain urine and your vagina may be packed with material to prevent bleeding. These will be removed in 1-2 days
- You may need to stay in our Brentwood hospital for 3-5 days.
- You will be able to go home once you are able to move about confidently and you can pass urine with no problem.
Going home after your vaginal prolapse surgery
- You will not be able to drive until release to do so by your consultant
- Please arrange for someone to take you home on your day of discharge
- You will need to rest and recover for several weeks.
- Take over the counter pain relievers such as paracetamol as needed for any post-operative pain
- You may experience light vaginal bleeding for up to 2 weeks
- You should avoid lifting anything heavy including shopping, laundry or young children for the first 2-4 weeks.
- In addition, you should avoid any strenuous sports activities for at least 4 weeks
- Any stitches you have will dissolve in about 10-14 days. There is no need to remove them.
Most women make a good recovery from vaginal prolapse surgery. As with any operation, there can be complications:
- Blood clots (deep vein thrombosis).
Specific complications of vaginal prolapse surgery include:
- Perforation of bladder or rectum
- Injury to the uterus
- Recurrence of symptoms.
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£6,230|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more