Mr M R Masood is a consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Queens University Hospital NHS Trust Romford. He is lead for Emergency Gynaecology. He provides Obstetrics and Gynaecology services at Queens University Hospital including advanced gynaecological procedures.
He has over 20 years of experience in Gynaecology. As a trainee he had rotation in London teaching hospitals, acquiring a wealth of experience including University College London Hospital, Homerton University Hospital and former Harold Wood Hospital.
Mr Masood is committed to teaching and training and is Lead for education and training holding the post of College Tutor at the Deanery. He has responsibility for training of 38 junior doctors. He is also Examiner for MRCOG part 2 Examination.
Mr Masood performs the following treatment at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital:
- Weeks 2,4, 5, Thursday 14:00-16:00
- Queens University Hospital NHS Trust
Mr Masood has a special Interest in minimal access/laparoscopic surgery with a Diploma in advanced gynaecological Endoscopy from University of Surrey. He specialises in laparoscopic hysterectomy, endometriosis and ovarian cysts. He is member of the team providing care as designated Endometriosis centre and offers one-stop Gynaecology clinic including:
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
- Laparoscopic oophorectomy
- Laparoscopic management of ectopic pregnancy
- Laparoscopic treatment of blocked fallopian tubes
- Surgery for prolapse including hysterectomy, cystocele repair and rectocele repair
- Endometrial ablation procedures including thermal balloon ablation
- Hysteroscopic management of fibroids
- Operative hysteroscopy for polyps and fibroids
- Gynaecology endocrinology – polycystic ovaries, hirsutism and hormone imbalance
- Labial reduction
- Vaginal rejuvenation
- Gym - keeping fit
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists England
- Royal College of Physicians Ireland
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- British Medical Association
Medium term outcome after Prolapse Surgery.