At Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital you can get rapid access to knee arthroscopy surgery. All upper and lower limb procedures are performed by our expert orthopaedic surgeons and we offer unrivalled aftercare to ensure excellent patient outcomes.
Why choose Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital for your knee arthroscopy (keyhole) surgery?
At Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital our expert knee surgeons excel in lower limb diagnostic surgery, including knee arthroscopy. All of our orthopaedic surgeons are renowned for their impressive joint diagnosis accuracy and repair. They are fully supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team, who are dedicated to ensuring your comfort and care whilst admitted in Bournemouth.
We pride ourselves on delivering a superb patient experience and our inpatient rooms do not disappoint. Each private room includes an en-suite bathroom, widescreen TV, modern decor and unlimited wireless internet connectivity. We also have an on-site physiotherapy service that features a hydrotherapy pool to aid your rehabilitation. Our physiotherapists specialise in orthopaedic aftercare and work closely with our surgeons to encourage a full and thorough recovery.
If you would like to know more about keyhole knee surgery, feel free to attend one of our orthopaedic open events. Here, you will get the opportunity to meet one of our orthopaedic surgeons and ask any questions you may have about the procedure.
What happens during a knee arthroscopy?
- Knee arthroscopy is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- A knee arthroscopy operation normally takes between 1/2 an hour and 3/4 of an hour
- Your surgeon in Bournemouth will make 2 or 3 small incisions and then insert a tiny camera to examine the inside of your knee joint
- Your surgeon will wash out any loose material caused by wear of the joint surfaces
- It is usually possible for your surgeon to trim or repair a torn cartilage without needing to make a larger cut.
After your keyhole knee operation in Bournemouth
- Once your operation is over, you’ll be taken to the recovery room where you will come around from the anaesthetic
- Your wounds, blood pressure and pulse will be carefully monitored
- Most patients are able to go home the same day as the operation
- You won’t be able to drive, so you will need someone to come and take you home from the hospital once you have been discharged. Alternatively, ask reception to book a taxi.
How soon will I recover from knee arthroscopy?
- Depending on the level of repair carried out the arthroscopy procedure generally causes very little tissue damage
- Most patients recover quickly
- Your knee will be swollen and sore for the first week following your arthroscopy
- Most patients return to normal activity levels within 2 - 3 weeks
- Please discuss any concerns regarding your recovery with your knee surgeon.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities following knee arthroscopy. However as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Damage to the nerves around the knee
- Developing a lump under the wounds
- Severe pain, stiffness and loss of use of the knee.
67 Lansdowne Road, Bournemouth, BH1 1RW
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£4,605|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of your treatment with a 6, 10 or 12 month 0% personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more