Paul was educated at Highgate School in London and completed his medical training in 2001 at Imperial College London. During this time he also attained a further degree in medical management.
After completing his junior surgical training in Poole and Bournemouth and at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore he was appointed to the Wessex Orthopaedic Specialist Training rotation in 2005. At the end of his training he gained further specialist fellowship experience in knee and hip surgery at a leading orthopaedic centre in Auckland.
Paul is trained and experienced in all aspects of knee surgery. He has a special interest in computer aided knee replacement surgery, revision (redo) knee replacement surgery and prevention of infection after knee replacement surgery.
He was previously Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust, one of the largest trusts in the country, where he also worked as the Quality Improvement Consultant.
Mr Paul Pavlou specialises in:
- Soft Tissue Knee Surgery including ligament reconstruction and cartilage repair.
- Anterior knee Pain and conditions affecting the knee cap (patellofemoral) joint.
- Sports Injuries.
Hip Replacement for Arthritis
Whilst not at work Paul enjoys spending time with his young family.
He also enjoys a variety of sports including sea swimming, windsurfing, kite-surfing, stand up paddleboarding and cycling.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Paul Pavlou at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Tibial osteotomy
- Local anaesthetic
- Hip replacement
- Trauma Surgery
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) repair
Paul has presented his award-winning research both nationally and internationally. He has published articles in peer review journals and has authored chapters in textbooks of orthopaedic surgery. He frequently reviews scientific papers for The Bone and Joint Journal.
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
Other posts held
- Consultant Orthopaedic Knee Surgeon at Royal Bournemouth Hospital Foundation Trust & Poole Hospital Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Paul Pavlou works with
Mr Paul Pavlou works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Paul Pavlou does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Paul Pavlou does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Paul Pavlou does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.