Mr Rees is a consultant urologist at University Hospital Southampton, having spent 4 years prior to that as a Consultant in Winchester.
As well as practising general urology since 2000, Mr Rees has also sub-specialised in andrology and genito-urethral surgery, providing a regional tertiary service for the Wessex region. As well as common disorders such as scrotal / testicular swellings, foreskin problems, and penile skin lesions, this specialism includes urethral stricture disease, male incontinence, male infertility, vasectomy reversal, penile cancers, BXO (lichen sclerosus), Peyronie’s disease, urological prosthetics, sexual dysfunction and testosterone deficiency.
Mr Rees performs over 70 urethral procedures per year, and is referred over 100 new patients a year with Peyronie’s disease. He runs dedicated clinics in the NHS for men’s health problems alongside a specialist nurse, and in January 2014 launched joint male fertility clinic at the Complete Fertility Centre in Southampton. He is also involved in national trials examining how best to surgically treat urethral strictures and post-prostatectomy incontinence.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Rowland Rees at Nuffield Health
- Vasectomy reversal
- Prostate resection (TURP)
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Vasectomy or male sterilisation
- British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- European Urology Association
- Urology Section of the Royal Society of Medicine
- British and European Societies of Sexual Medicine
- European Society of Genito-Urinary Reconstructive Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant Urological Surgeon, University Hospital Southampton
Mr Rowland Rees does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Rowland Rees does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Rowland Rees does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.