Nigel Taylor is an experienced Specialist Orthodontist on the Specialist Orthodontic Register of the General Dental Council . He qualified as a dentist in Manchester in 1982. He worked in maxillofacial surgery, restorative dentistry and paediatric dentistry at the Leeds Dental Institute, culminating in success in his Fellowship examination at the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. He developed an interest in orthodontics and carried out orthodontic training and research at Leeds during an intensive three-year postgraduate programme and achieved a masters degree in Orthodontics from the University of Leeds. Nigel then accomplished the diploma in Orthodontics and membership in Orthodontics examinations at the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of England and Edinburgh respectively. He followed this with higher specialty orthodontic training at The King’s Dental Institute, London, and St George’s Hospital, London. He was appointed a Consultant in Orthodontics at Guildford in 1996.
Nigel leads the orthodontic team at the Royal Surrey County Hospital where he is Clinical Director and Lead Clinician in Orthodontics. He is responsible for the management of the cleft lip and palate patients in Guildford.
Nigel is involved in teaching and examining for the University of London and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Orthodontic braces to align the teeth for adults and children including aesthetic brackets, clear aligner braces, lingual brackets and self-ligating brackets
- Patients who need orthodontic braces prior to orthognathic surgery (jaw surgery)
- Patients who require orthodontic braces to create space for bridges and implants
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Nigel Taylor at Nuffield Health
- British Orthodontic Society
- British Dental Association
- European Orthodontic Society
- American Association of Orthodontists
- World Federation of Orthodontists
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- The Craniofacial Society of Great Britain
- Dental Protection Society
- The Local Dental Committee
Other post held
- Consultant Orthodontist, Royal Surrey County Hospital
Mr Nigel Taylor does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Nigel Taylor does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Nigel Taylor does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.