- Specialities Orthopaedics, Key Hole Surgery
- Telephone 0800 616267
- Year of first qualification 1999
- GMC Number 4585062
- Fax 0141 339 1352
Mr Cheng's private clinical practice is exclusively in shoulder and upper limb surgery from shoulder replacements for arthritis to arthroscopic surgery for rotator cuff tears, impingements and shoulder instabilities following dislocations or injuries to the shoulder.
His practice also involves the assessment and treatment of all hand conditions including Duputyren's disease (either through surgery or injection therapy), arthritis, carpal tunnel. He also treats all injuries to the hand, wrist as well as the elbow.
- By arrangement
- Consultant Shoulder &
- Upper Limb Surgeon, Ayr Hospital
Shoulder and Upper Limb Surgery
- British Elbow &
- Shoulder Surgery Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
MD by medical research, University of Glasgow Medical School awarded 2013:
"The Effects of Total Knee Arthroplasty on the activation of markers of inflammation, endothelium and coagulation."
- Systemic effects of polymethylmethycrylate in total knee replacement: A prospective case-control study, Cheng K, Diebaly G, Campbell A, Rumley A, Lowe G, Bone & Joint Research Journal, April 2014, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp 108-116
- Patients with diabetes mellitus have a worse functional outcome post total knee arthroplasty: 10 year prospective data, Robertson F, Geddes J, Ridley D, Mcleod G, Cheng K, The Knee 19/4 (2012) pp. 286-289 (10.1016/j.knee.2011.06.001)
- Cognitive function in patients undergoing arthroplasty: The implications for informed consent, Demosthenous N, St Mart JP, Jenkins P, Chappel A, Cheng K, Advances in Orthopaedics, 2011, Vol 2011; article ID 346161
Mr Kenneth Cheng does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Kenneth Cheng does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Kenneth Cheng does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.