Mr Cheng's private clinical practice is exclusively in shoulder and upper limb surgery from shoulder replacements for arthritis to arthroscopic surgery for rotator cuff tears, impingements and shoulder instabilities following dislocations or injuries to the shoulder.
His practice also involves the assessment and treatment of all hand conditions including Duputyren's disease (either through surgery or injection therapy), arthritis, carpal tunnel. He also treats all injuries to the hand, wrist as well as the elbow.
Shoulder and Upper Limb Surgery
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Kenneth Cheng at Nuffield Health
- Shoulder surgery (rotator cuff repair)
- Upper Limb Fractures and Injuries
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Hand surgery
- Shoulder replacement
- Shoulder Manipulation
- Elbow surgery
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Tennis elbow release
- Bone Graft
MD by medical research, University of Glasgow Medical School awarded 2013:
"The Effects of Total Knee Arthroplasty on the activation of markers of inflammation, endothelium and coagulation."
- Systemic effects of polymethylmethycrylate in total knee replacement: A prospective case-control study, Cheng K, Diebaly G, Campbell A, Rumley A, Lowe G, Bone & Joint Research Journal, April 2014, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp 108-116
- Patients with diabetes mellitus have a worse functional outcome post total knee arthroplasty: 10 year prospective data, Robertson F, Geddes J, Ridley D, Mcleod G, Cheng K, The Knee 19/4 (2012) pp. 286-289 (10.1016/j.knee.2011.06.001)
- Cognitive function in patients undergoing arthroplasty: The implications for informed consent, Demosthenous N, St Mart JP, Jenkins P, Chappel A, Cheng K, Advances in Orthopaedics, 2011, Vol 2011; article ID 346161
- British Elbow &
- Shoulder Surgery Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
Other post held
- Consultant Shoulder &
- Upper Limb Surgeon, Ayr Hospital
Mr Kenneth Cheng does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Kenneth Cheng does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Kenneth Cheng does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.