Mr Evans holds post as Consultant Upper GI and Laparoscopic Surgeon at the Countess of Chester NHS Foundation Trust, as well as at Nuffield Health, Chester.
He qualified from Newcastle in 1990 and completed his surgical training in Nottingham and Liverpool. He also spent one year at the Northern Oesophago-gastric Unit in Newcastle to gain further sub-speciality training in Upper GI Cancer Surgery.
Mr Evans also trained with Gravitas, the experienced provider of bariatric surgery and non surgical weight loss, who help train many of the Bariatric Surgeons in the UK. Mr Evans has been performing laparoscopic gastric bands and gastric balloons for obesity together with Mr David Monk at Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital, Chester since 2008.
Mr Evans is happy to see patients with the following conditions:
- Hernias (all types - inguinal, femoral, umbilical, epigastric, incisional)
- Investigation of abdominal pain
- Change in bowel habit or rectal bleeding
- Pilonidal sinus
- Indigestion and reflux symptoms
- Suspected gastric or oesophageal cancer
- Patients requiring endoscopy (gastroscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy)
- Subcutaneous lumps including lipomas, sebaceous cysts or lymph nodes
- Ingrowing toe nails.
Obesity - gastric bands and gastric balloons.
DIY and music.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jim Evans at Nuffield Health
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Hernia repair surgery
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastric band (lap banding)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Gastric bypass
- Gastric balloon (BiB)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- Consultant General and Upper GI Surgeon, Countess of Chester NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, Regional Upper GI Cancer Centre, North East Wales Trust
Insurers Mr Jim Evans works with
Mr Jim Evans works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Jim Evans does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jim Evans does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jim Evans does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.