- Specialities Bariatrics, General Surgery, Weight loss
- Telephone 01244 684 325
- Year of first qualification 1990
- Email Outpatient.Appointments@nuffieldhealth.com
- GMC Number 3461266
- Fax 01244 680 812
Mr Evans holds post as Consultant Upper GI and Laparoscopic Surgeon at the Countess of Chester NHS Foundation Trust, as well as at Nuffield Health, Chester.
He qualified from Newcastle in 1990 and completed his surgical training in Nottingham and Liverpool. He also spent one year at the Northern Oesophago-gastric Unit in Newcastle to gain further sub-speciality training in Upper GI Cancer Surgery.
Mr Evans also trained with Gravitas, the experienced provider of bariatric surgery and non surgical weight loss, who help train many of the Bariatric Surgeons in the UK. Mr Evans has been performing laparoscopic gastric bands and gastric balloons for obesity together with Mr David Monk at Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital, Chester since 2008.
Mr Evans is happy to see patients with the following conditions:
- Hernias (all types - inguinal, femoral, umbilical, epigastric, incisional)
- Investigation of abdominal pain
- Change in bowel habit or rectal bleeding
- Pilonidal sinus
- Indigestion and reflux symptoms
- Suspected gastric or oesophageal cancer
- Patients requiring endoscopy (gastroscopy, flexible sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy)
- Subcutaneous lumps including lipomas, sebaceous cysts or lymph nodes
- Ingrowing toe nails.
Obesity - gastric bands and gastric balloons.
- Weekly Monday 14:00 - 20:00
- Patients require a referral from a GP
- Consultant General and Upper GI Surgeon, Countess of Chester NHS Trust
- Honorary Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, Regional Upper GI Cancer Centre, North East Wales Trust
DIY and music.
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
DeclarationMr Jim Evans works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Jim Evans does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jim Evans does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jim Evans does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.