Children’s medical services (paediatrics) in Chester
It can be a worrying time when your child is unwell. We understand that sometimes you don’t want to wait for a prognosis or perhaps a second opinion. Nuffield Health hospital in Chester is able to offer a fast diagnosis, as well as rapid access to first class private treatment.
Nuffield Health Chester Hospital, The Grosvenor can provide you and your family with a number of consultants and specialised children’s nurses that can see children from newborn to 3 years of age for consultation and can carry out treatment for children from 3years and over.
We are able to undertake a wide range of non-surgical and surgical procedures including:
- Dietary advice
- ENT (ear, nose, and throat)
- Audiology (hearing tests)
- Minor procedures
- Phlebotomy services (blood taking)
- Designated weekend pre-assessment clinic for children.
Helping your child feel at home
- All of our private rooms offer en-suite facilities
- We can provide facilities for parents to stay overnight
- We offer a special children’s menu
- Each patient room is designed with home comforts in mind to make your child’s stay as comfortable as possible
- We have registered children’s nurses who assess, plan and evaluate children’s care both on the ward and in the outpatient department
- Our registered children’s nurses hold a certificate in paediatric life support
- All of our staff undergo enhanced CRB checks
- Nuffield Health shares a commitment to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Meet Michelle Baird
Hi, my name is Michelle Baird and I am a committed and compassionate paediatric nurse with over 12 years’ experience, caring for children from 0-16 years.
I initially qualified at Edge Hill University were I obtained a degree in children's nursing. On completing my degree, I worked on a Paediatric Oncology ward for over two years, with the birth of my daughter I moved to a private independent school were I worked as school nurse and I gained a wealth of experience working with the common childhood illnesses and mental health problems. From here I went on to work in paediatric outpatients, here I increased my experience within the different specialties. Whilst in this position I was involved caring for children with common childhood illnesses, chronic conditions and routine treatments.
There is something truly inspiring about children’s resilience, happiness and their unique take on life. They make me feel positive and hopeful and I feel it’s a real privilege to care for them and their families every day. They also put an enormous amount of trust in us the medical team, so I always try to give excellent care and try to make them at ease and smile along the way. A lot of the time children may be anxious and unable to understand why they need to come into hospital, I thoroughly enjoy finding a way to effectively communicate with them providing age appropriate play and distraction to help them through the process.
At Nuffield Health we realise this might be the first time a child comes into a hospital setting and we want to make this experience as positive as we can. We also know that bringing your child into hospital can be worrying for parents, therefore we have our paediatric nurses on hand to give the appropriate advice, guidance and support as needed.
Booking a paediatric appointment in Chester
It’s easy to arrange an appointment with one of our specialist consultants. All you need is a referral letter from your GP. You can use your insurance or pay as you go.
You and your child are welcome to come and have a look around the hospital and meet staff prior to admission.
For more details or to book an appointment please contact 01244 684 325 or fill in the enquiry form on the right and we’ll call you back.