Mr Abood is a substantive NHS Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon with a special interest in complex reconstruction following trauma and cancer.
He is the Clinical Lead for Major Trauma at Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge, which is designated Major Trauma Centre for the East of England. He is also a core member of the skin cancer Multidisciplinary Team and undertakes the treatment for all forms of skin cancer.
Alongside his clinical commitment he is also the divisional lead for audit and governance, helping to oversee the delivery of high quality and safe care to patients.
He completed his medical training at Cambridge University and St Mary’s Hospital, London. He has trained extensively both in the UK and international, including a number of prestigious fellowships:
- 12 month microsurgical fellowship at The Royal Adelaide Hospital, Australia, where he treated patients with complex problems ranging from extensive cancers of the head and neck to major trauma.
- Senior microsurgical fellowship at St Andrews Centre, Broomfield, internationally recognized as a leading centre for microsurgical breast reconstruction.
- Travelling fellowship to The Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, where he observed some of the latest approaches to cancer treatment.
- Cosmetic fellowship at the McIndoe Surgical Centre, East Grinstead, dedicated to training in all aspects of cosmetic surgery.
All aspects of skin cancer-Including sentinel lymph node biopsy;
On a day-to-day basis, Mr Abood’s NHS role as the clinical lead for major trauma reconstruction at Addenbrooke’s Hospital involves reconstructive surgery following complex injuries. His NHS practice also includes all forms of skin cancer.
He treats patients with malignant melanoma and offers a comprehensive service which includes sentinel lymph node biopsy.
Running and spending time with his young family
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Ahid Abood at Nuffield Health
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Dermatological surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Facial surgery
- Hand surgery
- Mole removal
- Skin cancer surgery
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Skin pigmentation
- Skin surgery
Mr Abood keeps himself at the forefront of innovations in reconstructive and cosmetic surgical techniques. He undertook extensive research into improving methods of skin cancer treatment and was awarded an MSc Distinction for his work (University College London). He has published more then 30 papers in medical journals and authored a number of book chapters on topics ranging from scar revision to breast reconstruction techniques.
- Royal College of Surgeons
- General Medical Council
Mr Ahid Abood does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ahid Abood does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ahid Abood does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.