Dr Phillips is a Consultant Neurologist at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge and Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow. She sees a wide range of neurological conditions and specialises in functional neurological disorders (FND), sometimes known as ‘medically unexplained disorders’, Parkinson’s Disease, and the related condition, Multiple System Atrophy.
She trained in Cambridge, London & Norwich and has a BSc in Pharmacology from Glasgow University, and a PhD in Neuroscience (Huntington’s Disease) from Cambridge University.
Multiple System Atrophy
Swing dancing, gym,
running, dog walks.
Dr Phillips has a BSc in Pharmacology, and PhD in neuroscience. During her PhD she studied the formation of new neurones in the Huntington’s disease brain, and published several papers.
She also worked in a laboratory in Berlin after her PhD, on a similar project. She has a purely clinical post now but has collaborated in clinical research into the mechanisms of FND.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- General Medical Council
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Association of British Neurologists UK
- Functional Neurological Society
- Functional Neurological Disorder Society
- Advisory Board at FND Hope
- Associate at Forrest Medicolegal Group
Other post held
- Consultant Neurologist Addenbrooke's Hospital Cambridge
- Consultant Neurologist Princess Alexandra Hospital Harlow
Insurers Dr Wendy Phillips works with
Dr Wendy Phillips works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA