Dr Creed qualified and spent his early training years in London and completed his specialist training in Bristol and the Southwest. During this time he developed a specialist interest in the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases.
He was awarded an MD from the University of London for work developing a new treatment for ulcerative colitis. He continues to be actively involved in clinical research as Director of the Joint Clinical Research Unit, Divisional Lead for Research at the Bristol Royal Infirmary and co-chair of the South West Inflammatory Bowel Disease Network.
Dr Creed has a strong interest in endoscopy, particularly He is a national colonoscopy examiner for the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme, and has expertise in the management of colonic polyps.
He is a member of the regional nutrition service at the BRI and has extensive experience of managing complex nutrition and intestinal failure.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and gastroscopy
- Bowel Cancer Screening
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Intestinal failure
- Clinical trials
Dr Creed enjoys surfing, running, and spending time with his family.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Tom Creed at Nuffield Health
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Director of Joint Clinical Research Unit at the BRI
- Divisional Lead for Research at the BRI
- Principal investigator for multiple clinical studies
- Active research programme in inflammatory bowel disease in collaboration with University of Bristol and the Biomedical Research Unit in Nutrition
- Active research programme in the prevention of colonic polyps in collaboration with the University of Bristol
- Multiple publications in the field of inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Gastroenterology
Other post held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist, Bristol Royal Infirmary
Insurers Dr Tom Creed works with
Dr Tom Creed works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Tom Creed does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Tom Creed does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Tom Creed does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.