Private GP service in Bristol
Need to see a GP and don't want to have to wait for an appointment? Our Bristol hospital offers a rapid access clinic.
If you have a busy schedule, a private GP is the perfect way to make sure your health doesn’t get sidelined.
Nuffield Health Bristol Hospital's GP service has a minimal waiting time, offering a convenient service at a time to suit you.
- Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. Saturday appointments are also sometimes available
- Same-day appointments usually available
- 30 minutes long
- No need to register
- Available to anybody over the age of 3
Please give us a call and speak to a friendly member of the team who can help you book an appointment at a time that suits you.
Our GPs offer a wide range of services, including women’s health and advice on minor illnesses. If further investigations are required we can request blood tests, imaging, referrals, and provide private prescriptions. Please be aware that these may involve additional charges.
Conditions and treatments offered
- GP consultations of 30 minutes
- Private prescriptions - additional charge for medication costs
- Referrals to private consultants and specialists – same day, if needed urgently
- Sexual health checks - blood test only
- Cervical screening
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs), treadmill ECGs, VO2 max assessments
- Simple wound dressing
- Sports Medicine certificate - please make enquiries beforehand by sending us the required certificate and we will do our best to complete most
- Other medicals such as visa medicals to work in foreign countries - please make enquiries beforehand by sending us the required certificate and we will do our best to complete most
- Flu vaccination clinics
- HPV vaccinations
- Contraceptive coils - we can also refer you to a gynaecologist after consultation
Services we do not provide:
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- GP home visiting service
- Consultations for those under the age of 3
- Consultations relating to pregnancy problems – however we can refer you to a gynaecologist after a consultation
Meet our GPs:
Dr Jenkins trained in hospital medicine for six years before she qualified as a GP in 1987, then spent further time working as a hospital doctor in A&E and Rheumatology. Since 1996 she has split her time between her work as a GP, both NHS and Private, as a flight doctor in air ambulance and medical repatriation services and as a medical writer & broadcaster. Her special interests include travel and repatriation medicine, weight & lifestyle management and diabetes.
Dr Winstanley is based at Whiteladies, Clifton and has a diverse interest in medicine. She is fascinated by all aspects of health and wellbeing with a particular interest in diet and alternative therapies. Dr Winstanley has a diploma in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine, although is not practising this at present. She enjoys the variety general practice offers and its challenges. Patients are welcome to discuss any aspects of their health and she has also published a book called “Babies All Wrapped Up” available via Amazon. It is aimed at first time parents and is a balanced, easy to read book with everything you need to know to enjoy your baby.