Dr Stephen Middleton
MBBS, MA, MD, FRCP, FAHE
GMC number: 2939896
Practicing since: 1984
- Weekly Monday PM
- Weekly Wednesday AM
Or call us on
Dr Middleton qualified in 1984, having trained in London and Cambridge and has over 20 years of research and clinical practice in Cambridge.
He is interested in motility disorders of the gut, including:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Crohn's and ulcerative colitis
- Dyspepsia and swallowing problems
- Colonoscopy and endoscopy diagnostic and therapeutic
- Motility disorders
He enjoys sailing, fly fishing, history, rugby, travel and is a keen hill walker.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Stephen Middleton at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
Locations Dr Stephen Middleton works with
Dr Middleton has over 50 peer-reviewed publications in medical and scientific journals and has conducted research in the fields of irritable bowel syndrome and motility disorders, colitis and Crohn’s disease, and cancer detection as well as transplantation.
Dr Middleton has a strong interest in nutrition and small intestinal failure and has a lead role in the UK small intestinal transplantation programme. He co-founded the National Adult Small Intestinal Transplantation Forum (NASIT forum).
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- National Association for Small Intestinal Transplantation
- National Association for Colitis and Crohn's Disease
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- American Gastroenterology Association
- Fellow of the Academy for Higher Education
- British Neurogastroenterology Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist, Addenbrookes Hospital Cambridge, Cambridge University Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Stephen Middleton works with
Dr Stephen Middleton works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Stephen Middleton does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Stephen Middleton does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Stephen Middleton does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.