Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) in Tees
At Nuffield Health Tees Hospital our cosmetic surgeons are vastly experienced in performing abdominoplasty (tummy tuck surgery) and can provide you with rapid access to private treatment. Read more…
Contact our cosmetic surgery experts in tees
Fill in a contact form or give us a call
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Junction Road, Norton, Stockton on Tees, TS20 1PX
Why choose Nuffield Health Tees Hospital for your tummy tuck surgery
At Nuffield Health Tees Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons specialise in tummy tuck surgery and can provide you with a treatment plan which is personalised to you, ensuring your expectations are met.
Our hospital has been leading the way for private healthcare on Teesside for many years. Our state-of-the-art medical equipment and range of modern surgical facilities has attracted some of the most renowned cosmetic surgeons in the North East region.
By choosing to have tummy tuck surgery at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital you will have access to your very own private en-suite room. Each patient room is fully equipped with a widescreen TV, large bathroom and free wireless internet accessibility to enhance your comfort, privacy and entertainment during your hospital stay.
Deciding whether to undertake cosmetic surgery is a big decision. As a result we request that all patients discuss all their options, both surgical and non-surgical, with one of our consultants. A consultation process ensures you make an informed decision.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital
If you have decided to proceed with tummy tuck surgery, you will need to book a private consultation to se one of our expert cosmetic surgeons first. To book, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01642 918956.
Alternatively, if you are a little unsure about abdominoplasty treatment, come along to one of our free cosmetic surgery open events. Here you will get the opportunity to meet one of our cosmetic surgeons and ask any questions you may have.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Tees will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.