Mr Jones qualified from Leeds School of Medicine with honours. He was awarded commendations and distinctions at several stages during his degree. This followed a first-class honours degree in physiology.
After graduation, he completed medical and surgical training in the North East of England and obtained the Royal College of Surgeons membership examination (MRCS) as well as a certificate of completion of basic surgical training (CCBST). He then undertook higher surgical training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and completed the Royal College of Surgeons fellowship examination (FRCS Plast).
He completed a twelve-month fellowship in Head and Neck oncology surgery at the Christie Cancer Hospital and the Manchester Royal Infirmary. He focussed on the management of complex head and neck cancers including removal and reconstruction. He has been awarded a certificate of completion of higher surgical training (CCT) in Plastic surgery.
Mr Jones runs a busy clinic at Nuffield Health Tees Hospital where he offers the full range of cosmetic treatments including:
- Breast enlargement
- Breast reduction
- Breast uplift (Mastopexy)
- Nipple correction surgery
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Thigh and arm lift
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
- Face, neck and brow lift
- Ear repositioning
- Mole removal
Mr Jones’ practice covers a breadth of plastic, aesthetic and cosmetic surgery of the face and body. This includes breast surgery for conditions such as developmental abnormalities, asymmetry or changes following pregnancy or weight loss.
He has a keen interest in lipomodelling, where fat is harvested from one part of the body using liposuction and reinjected to a different site in order to improve body shape or fill contour irregularities. He also performs other body contouring procedures for patients following weight loss such as abdominoplasty, arm and thigh lifts.
Special interests include head, neck and facial reconstruction following skin and oral cancer and breast reconstruction following breast cancer.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Alex Jones at Nuffield Health
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Eyelid reshaping surgery
- Body contouring
- Breast enlargement surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction surgery
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Brow lift
- Buttock lift
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Eye lift
- Facelift surgery
- Fat grafting
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Liposuction treatment
- Mole removal
- Neck lift
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Post bariatric surgery (or body contouring)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Thigh lift
- Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty)
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
Mr Jones has published numerous scientific articles including clinical studies, case reports and educational material.
He has authored a comprehensive educational book in Plastic Surgery with Dr Jeff Janis in the USA, “Essentials of Plastic Surgery – A Q&A review”. This book was released in August 2015 and covers the spectrum of reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery from basic principles to complex approaches to reconstruction and microsurgery.
He has also written chapters for other educational books including the management of burns in pre-hospital care.
- General Medical Council
- Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery
- British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
- British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists (BAHNO)
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
- James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough and The Friarage Hospital
Mr Alex Jones does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Alex Jones does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Alex Jones does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.