Mr Jong Kim is a British trained Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon based in the North East covering County Durham, Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire and Harrogate with over 16 years of Plastic Surgery experience.
He qualified in Medicine from Edinburgh University in 1997. He subsequently trained at Glasgow, Manchester, Cambridge and Oxford teaching hospitals. In the latter stages he completed the Higher Specialist Plastic surgery program on the Cambridge University rotation, obtaining the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England FRCS(Plast) in 2012.
In addition he has undertaken further specialist fellowship training in:
- Skin cancer, Melanoma and Surgical Oncology - Sydney Melanoma Unit, Australia
- Microsurgery and Cosmetic fellowship in Seoul, South Korea.
Given both his broad and specialist training, Mr Kim is happy to see and manage the full range of Plastic and Reconstructive problems. He also offers the full range of Cosmetic Surgery tailored to your needs in a friendly and professional manner. His goal is to help you achieve the best results and make your surgical experience as easy and comfortable as possible.
Skin dermatology, Skin cancer and melanoma, Cosmetic Surgery, Hand Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Breast Surgery.
Mr Kim’s specialist interest lies in Cosmetic Surgery in particular Breast Surgery (Enlargement, Uplift and Reduction), Abdominal contouring (Tummy tucks and Liposuction) and Facial rejuvenation (Eyelids, Face and Neck).
His other interest and expertise lies in skin lesions (mole assessments), skin cancer and melanoma treatment. Mr Kim has set up specialist cancer services in the North East of England (Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy).
Watching Motorsports, cooking and travelling.
English and Korean
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Jong Kim at Nuffield Health
- Arm reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Body contouring
- Breast enlargement surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction surgery
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Brow lift
- Buttock lift
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Excision of skin lesion
- Eye lift
- Fat grafting
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Liposuction treatment
- Local anaesthetic
- Mole removal
- Otoplasty (ear correction / ear repositioning)
- Post bariatric surgery (or body contouring)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Skin assessment clinic
- Skin cancer surgery
- Skin surgery
- Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty)
Mr Kim has been awarded Academic Senior Clinical Lecturership in the Department of Cellular Medicine at Newcastle University Medical School. Here he undertakes World Class laboratory based research into Malignant melanoma and wound healing.
Mr Kim is supervisor to PhD, BSc and MRes degree postgraduate research fellows. He is principal investigator in molecular biology research, investigating the interplay of Autophagy and Lymphatic endothelial cell metabolism with Malignant Melanoma spread and metastases.
He was awarded the “Young Cancer Scientist for Translational Research” by the European Association of Cancer Research for his work on ‘in vivo’ cancer models.
He has published widely in many international peer review journals with invited reviews from Seminars in Cancer Biology and Tumor Biology. He is a reviewer for top international journals including Nature Reviews Cancer and Differentiation, JPRAS, British Journal of Dermatology to name a few. He has presented worldwide, been invited to chair and speak at International conferences as well as receiving several international conference awards and scholarships.
- General Medical Council
- British Medical Association
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Academy of Medical Educators
- Higher Education academy
- Academy of Medical sciences
- British Association of Cancer Research
- European Association of Cancer Research
- American Association of Cancer Research
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon at University Hospital of North Durham, County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Faculty of Medical Sciences, Newcastle University
Insurers Mr Jong Kim works with
Mr Jong Kim works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Jong Kim does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jong Kim does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jong Kim does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.