At Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital our team of experienced cosmetic surgeons excel in facial reconstruction and can provide you with access to a rhinoplasty procedure (commonly referred to as a 'nose job') through a treatment plan tailored to you.
Why choose Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital for your rhinoplasty procedure?
At Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital our experienced and well established cosmetic surgeons are some of the finest in Somerset and are well supported by a committed matron-led nursing team. Cosmetic surgeons at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital perform a range of plastic facial procedures, with many specialising in nose reshaping surgery.
We believe that patient satisfaction and comfort are paramount when choosing to go private. That's why Taunton patients are provided with freshly cooked meals and their own in-patient rooms featuring a flatscreen TV, radio, unlimited wireless internet connectivity and large en-suite bathrooms to relax in before and after surgery.
Undergoing any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step to take, that's why we advise all patients to undergo a full consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital. This ensures that our patients understand and assess all the options available before making an informed decision on treatment.
How to book a cosmetic consultation at Nuffield Health Taunton Hospital
If you are looking to undergo nose reshaping surgery and want to discuss your treatment options with one of our cosmetic consultants in Taunton, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team on 01823 286991.
Alternatively, please fill out a contact form above and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
Reasons you might consider rhinoplasty, (commonly referred to as a 'nose job')
- Cosmetic - you may not like the shape or size of your nose and this may be having a negative impact on your self-confidence
- Medical - you might have suffered an injury to your nose causing it to be broken or appear crooked. Or you may have nasal blockage causing permanent breathing problems. Rhinoplasty is considered as reconstructive surgery if there are medical reasons for the procedure.
What happens during nose reshaping surgery?
- A rhinoplasty is usually performed under general anaesthetic
- The length of the procedure and the technique used will depend on how much your nose will change
- Your surgeon in Taunton will refine the tip of your nose by removing some of the cartilage
- If you have a hump (dorsum) on your nose it can be shaved down
- Your surgeon can also straighten and narrow your nasal bones by breaking and then setting them
- Your surgeon may need to rebuild part of your nose
- The operation can be performed from inside the nostrils (closed rhinoplasty) or your surgeon will make a small cut in the area between your nostrils to expose the underlying area (open rhinoplasty)
- Be sure and discuss what method will be used with your surgeon
- You may need to spend one to two nights in hospital
- You may have a splint held over your nose by tape and your nose may be packed
- If your nose is packed you will need to breathe through your mouth until the packing is removed the morning after your surgery
- To control swelling and bruising you may be given ice packs
- You will be given pain relief medication.
Going home after your rhinoplasty surgery
- You may experience bruising, swelling or numbness
- Icing the area will help ease swelling and bruising
- You will need to be off work and stay way from groups of people for at least 2 weeks to avoid catching cold
- Strenuous activity should be avoided for between 4 - 6 weeks
- You will need to rest in an upright position for the first few days and avoid bending down
- The splint will be removed after 7 -10 days
- Although you will see immediate improvement following your rhinoplasty, your appearance will continue to improve over the next 6 - 12 months
- You will need to have a discussion with your surgeon before engaging in any strenuous impact/contact sports.
Every patient heals at a different rate after nose reshaping surgery, but the below can be used as a guide:
- Might be some blood coloured watery fluid coming from your nose
- You might feel a bit down and will feel like you have a heavy cold. Do not blow your nose
- May have slight nose bleeds
- Should begin to feel a lot brighter. Bruising and Swelling beginning to go down now
- If you were contact lenses, you should be able to wear them but continue to sleep sitting up
- Make sure that you keep the nasal splint dry. Any external stitches will be removed
- You can blow your nose now (gently) and sleep lying down
- Check your outpatient appointment time - you can soon have that splint removed
- Eyes may still be black but the bruising is beginning to fade
- Much of the bruising and swelling is gone
- Most patients are ready to go back to work or at least feel they can go out and about
- Any remaining bruising can be covered up with make-up
- Most of the swelling has gone now
- At the end of this week, you can return to more vigorous exercise if you like (unless your consultant advises otherwise).
- You will still feel some numbness and stiffness at the end of your nose – this will continue to improve with time
- It will be fine to return to any form of contact sport
- Apply high factor sunscreen until at least the six month stage
- Swelling continues to reduce. The shape of your nose will continue to refine
- Nearly all healing complete
- Any refinement needed will be done at this time.
Specific complications of a rhinoplasty may include:
- Bruising and swelling
- Altered sense of smell
- Altered breathing
- Minor bleeding
- Injury to nerves
- Graft rejection.
Staplegrove Elm, Taunton, TA2 6AN
|Initial consultation||from £180|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£4,380|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more