Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) surgery in Leeds
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital in Yorkshire offers modern facilities and exceptional care. Our highly experienced cosmetic surgeons have performed many successful tummy tucks. Read more…
Paying for yourself
|Consultant fees||Hospital fees|
|Initial consultation||£150||No charge|
|Subtotals||£150 guide price||£5950 guaranteed price|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our Leeds Hospital today:
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
2 Leighton Street, Leeds, LS1 3EB
Why choose Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for my tummy tuck surgery?
Our state-of-the-art private hospital in Leeds city centre is the largest private hospital in Yorkshire. Our patients are at the heart of everything we do when it comes to treatment, care and comfort.
Your recovery will play an important role in the success of the abdominoplasty procedure, which is why your package includes any aftercare that your consultant approves. You may be in hospital for a couple of nights. Your private room contains en-suite facilities and wi-fi, while freshly cooked meals and flexible visiting hours aim to create a comforting and homely environment.
If you are interested in having cosmetic surgery at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital, like an abdominoplasty procedure, why not meet one of our expert consultants for a complimentary 10 minute one-to-one chat? You can hear all about the tummy tuck surgery itself, recovery times, costs and also ask any other questions you may have.
Is an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like.
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight.
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight.
- Your surgeon in Leeds will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you.
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
Your consultant may use one of several surgical techniques:
- Full abdominoplasty - is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall.
- Mini abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin.
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Leeds Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed.
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days.
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen.
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital.
- You will be given post-operative pain killers.
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks.
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon.
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months.
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our tummy tuck prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for a loan. We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.