Are you looking for a permanent contraception and no longer wish to father children? At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our experienced men's health experts specialise in vasectomy (male sterilisation) and can provide you with quick access to treatment.
Why choose Nuffield Health Derby Hospital for your vasectomy treatment?
At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our leading men's health experts can help you become infertile if you no longer wish to have children. Urology Consultants at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital possess a wealth of experience performing vasectomies and can provide you with rapid access to surgery through a treatment plan individually tailored to you.
By choosing to undergo vasectomy surgery you're not necessarily committing to infertility for the rest of your life. Although a vasectomy is widely considered to be permanent, the procedure can be reversed if your personal circumstances change.
At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our consultants also perform vasectomy reversal surgery, however, success can vary due to the complexity of the procedure.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital
If you are interested in vasectomy surgery and want to discuss your treatment options with a professional, you will need to book an initial consultation with one of our men's health experts prior to surgery.
To book, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01332 540100 or fill out a contact form above and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them first. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in 2 to 3 days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to 12 weeks.
Will my sex life be affected by a vasectomy?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm present
- You should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy. but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more