Vasectomy reversal surgery in Derby
Are you looking to father a child, even after a vasectomy procedure? At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital, our experienced urology consultants specialise in vasectomy reversal surgery and can help you become fertile again. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £180|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£4,220|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our men's health experts in Derby
Fill in a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Rykneld Road, Derby, DE23 4SN
Why choose Nuffield Health Derby Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are a man and your personal circumstances have changed, you may want to explore vasectomy reversal in order to be able to father a child. At Nuffield Health Derby Hospital our leading men's health experts specialise in vasectomy reversal surgery and can provide you with rapid access to treatment.
Our consultants have been leading the way for men's health care in Derbyshire for a number of years and possess an exemplary track record of successful outcomes from their vasectomy reversal procedures, employing the most modern and least invasive surgical techniques.
Please be aware that due to the complexity of vasectomy reversal surgery, sometimes your original vasectomy may not be reversed. There are a number of factors which affect the success of treatment and this will be discussed during a consultation with one of our consultants in Derby.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Derby Hospital
If you are considering having vasectomy reversal procedure, you will need to book a consultation via our Derby Hospital enquiry team by calling: 01332 540100.
During a consultation you will have the opportunity to discuss all the options open to you, making sure you make the right decision. If you are wanting to become fertile again we recommend that you discuss this with your partner, who is also welcome at the consultation.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy, the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Derbyshire will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relievers such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long-term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.