Colonoscopy in Cheltenham
If you choose to have a private colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital, you can expect to obtain rapid access to your results. Find out more below. Read more…
Paying for Yourself
|Consultant fees||Hospital fees|
|Initial consultation||£175||No charge|
|Subtotals||£175 guide price||£1755 guaranteed price|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our diagnostics experts in Cheltenham
fill out a contact from, or give us a call
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, GL51 6SY01242 246552 01242 246501 (fax)
Why choose Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital for your colonoscopy?
Are you in need of a colonoscopy procedure? You can skip the waiting lists and get rapid access to a private colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital. Our specialist general surgeons are experts in diagnostic scans and you can expect to receive a detailed diagnosis and the findings from your procedure as quickly as possible.
Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital has been leading the way for private healthcare in Gloucestershire for a number of years, our experienced consultants obtain a wealth of expertise and are fully supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team. Our nursing staff are on call at all hours of the day to provide medical support, whilst preparing a clean and comfortable hospital environment.
How to book a diagnostic test or scan at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital?
To have a colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital, you will need to book a consultation with one of our general surgeons first. To book an initial consultation, please call our hospital enquiry team on 01242 246552. Alternatively, fill out a contact form below and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
What is a colonoscopy?
- A colonoscopy is a test regularly carried out at our Hospital in Cheltenham, which allows our consultants to look at the inner lining of your large intestine, (rectum and colon)
- We use a thin, flexible tube called a colonoscope to look at the colon
- A colonoscopy helps identify conditions such as ulcers, colon polyps, tumours and inflamed areas of inflammation.
Are there any alternatives to a colonoscopy?
Yes, other options can include a barium enema (an x-ray of the large bowel) or a CT colography (a special scan of the large bowel).
What does a colonoscopy procedure involve?
- If appropriate, the endoscopist may offer you a sedative or painkiller
- A colonoscopy usually takes between half an hour and three-quarters of an hour
- The procedure involves placing a flexible telescope into the back passage and blowing some air into the large bowel to get a clear view
- The endoscopist will be able to look for problems such as inflammation or polyps
- They will be able to perform biopsies and take photographs to help make the diagnosis.
What complications can happen?
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing difficulties or heart irregularities
- Making a hole in the colon
- Incomplete procedure.
How soon will I recover from my colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital?
- If you were given a sedative, you will normally recover in approximately 2 hours
- You may feel a bit bloated for a few hours but this will pass
- Your consultant will report back to you the findings of your colonoscopy
- Most of our patients are able to go back to work the day after the colonoscopy.
A colonoscopy is usually a very safe and effective way of finding out if you have a problem with your large bowel.