Colonoscopy in Cheltenham
If you choose to have a private colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital, you can expect to obtain rapid access to your results. Find out more below. Read more…
Paying for Yourself
|Consultant fees||Hospital fees|
|Initial consultation||£175||No charge|
|Subtotals||£175 guide price||£1830 guaranteed price|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our diagnostics experts in Cheltenham
fill out a contact from, or give us a call
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham, GL51 6SY
Why choose Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital for your colonoscopy?
Are you in need of a colonoscopy procedure? You can skip the waiting lists and get rapid access to a private colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital. Our specialist general surgeons are experts in diagnostic scans and you can expect to receive a detailed diagnosis and the findings from your procedure as quickly as possible.
Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital has been leading the way for private healthcare in Gloucestershire for a number of years, our experienced consultants obtain a wealth of expertise and are fully supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team. Our nursing staff are on call at all hours of the day to provide medical support, whilst preparing a clean and comfortable hospital environment.
How to book a diagnostic test or scan at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital?
To have a colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital, you will need to book a consultation with one of our general surgeons first. To book an initial consultation, please call our hospital enquiry team on 01242 246552. Alternatively, fill out a contact form below and we will get back to you at a more convenient time.
What is a colonoscopy?
- A colonoscopy is a test regularly carried out at our Hospital in Cheltenham, which allows our consultants to look at the inner lining of your large intestine, (rectum and colon)
- We use a thin, flexible tube called a colonoscope to look at the colon
- A colonoscopy helps identify conditions such as ulcers, colon polyps, tumours and inflamed areas of inflammation.
Are there any alternatives to a colonoscopy?
Yes, other options can include a barium enema (an x-ray of the large bowel) or a CT colography (a special scan of the large bowel).
What does a colonoscopy procedure involve?
- If appropriate, the endoscopist may offer you a sedative or painkiller
- A colonoscopy usually takes between half an hour and three-quarters of an hour
- The procedure involves placing a flexible telescope into the back passage and blowing some air into the large bowel to get a clear view
- The endoscopist will be able to look for problems such as inflammation or polyps
- They will be able to perform biopsies and take photographs to help make the diagnosis.
What complications can happen?
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing difficulties or heart irregularities
- Making a hole in the colon
- Incomplete procedure.
How soon will I recover from my colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital?
- If you were given a sedative, you will normally recover in approximately 2 hours
- You may feel a bit bloated for a few hours but this will pass
- Your consultant will report back to you the findings of your colonoscopy
- Most of our patients are able to go back to work the day after the colonoscopy.
A colonoscopy is usually a very safe and effective way of finding out if you have a problem with your large bowel.