Mr Neil Borley
MB BS, FRCS, FRCS (Ed), MS
GMC number: 3482405
Practicing since: 1990
- Weekly Thursday PM and evening
- Other times by arrangement
Or call us on
Mr Borley trained in Guys Hospital Medical School, Cambridge University & Addenbrooke's Hospital Cambridge, Kent and Canterbury Hospital, Oxford University and John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.
As part of the Cheltenham Colorectal Group he has been keen to introduce laparoscopic and minimally invasive colorectal surgery, as well as widen the range of colorectal and pelvic surgery provided to include combined pelvic surgery, ileoanal and colon pouch reconstructions for IBD and cancer.
He would like to widen the breadth of patient information provided on colorectal disease and would welcome suggestions for topics to include on the patient information page of our website.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Neil Borley at Nuffield Health
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Hernia repair
- Colorectal screening
- Rectal examination under anaesthetic (or rectal EUA)
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Colorectal surgery
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Anterior resection
Locations Mr Neil Borley works with
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh)
Other posts held
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon - Gloucestershire Hospital NHSF Trust
- Chairman, West Midlands Expert Advisory Group Colorectal Cancer
- Lead Clinician Colorectal Cancer- Cheltenham General Hospital
- Lead Cancer Clinician - Gloucestershire Hospital NHSF Trust
Insurers Mr Neil Borley works with
Mr Neil Borley works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Healix Healthcare
Mr Neil Borley does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Neil Borley does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Neil Borley does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.