Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) at The Vale Hospital
Abdominoplasty can provide you with excellent aesthetic results if you have suffered from excess skin after recent weight loss or pregnancy. Our experienced cosmetic surgeons are experts in practising tummy tuck surgery and can provide you with a treatment plan completely tailored to you. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£6,000|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our cosmetic experts in South Wales
Fill in a contact form or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Cardiff Bay Hospital, Dunleavey Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0SN
The Vale Hospital, Hensol Castle Park, Vale of Glamorgan, CF72 8JX
Why choose Nuffield Health The Vale Hospital for your tummy tuck procedure?
At Nuffield Health Vale Hospital we are proud of our first-class cosmetic service performed by our leading team of consultant cosmetic surgeons. Our consultants are experts in a number of procedures, with many specialising in abdominoplasty, (better known as 'tummy tuck' surgery).
Tummy tuck surgery can provide you with excellent results if you suffer from excess skin and want your waist line tightened following major weight loss or pregnancy. At The Vale we are able to provide our patents with the very best facilities in our modern, state-of-the-art private hospital. Patients are provided with their own private rooms, with widescreen TV's, unlimited wifi connectivity, large en-suite bathrooms and beautiful views of the neighbouring Glamorgan countryside surrounding our hospital grounds.
Undergoing any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step to take, that's why we advise all patients to undergo a full consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons at The Vale or Cardiff Bay Hospitals. This ensures that our patients understand and assess all the options available before making an informed decision on surgery.
How to book a private consultation at Nuffield Health Cardiff & Vale Hospitals
If you are thinking of undergoing a tummy tuck procedure and wish to discuss your treatment options with one of our consultants at either Cardiff or Vale hospital, you will need to book a private consultation via our dedicated enquiry team on 02920 003933.
Our 2 hospital locations in South Wales allow you to shape your own tummy tuck treatment
The tummy tuck procedure itself is performed at our Vale Hospital, however patients have the flexibility to decide where their initial consultation takes place. As well as the Vale Hospital, our cosmetic experts operate out of the more centrally located Nuffield Health Cardiff Bay Hospital for initial consultations and pre-op assessments.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - Is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after having an abdominoplasty at Nuffield Health, The Vale Hospital
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains area usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Vale & Cardiff Bay Hospitals will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what to ask before surgery.