Tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) in Brentwood
Are you unhappy with the look of your stomach following rapid weight loss or pregnancy? At Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital our expert cosmetic surgeons can tighten your stomach with tummy tuck surgery. Read more…
Contact our cosmetic experts in Brentwood
Fill out a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Shenfield Road, Brentwood, CM15 8EH
Why choose Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital for your tummy tuck surgery?
Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital has been leading the way for cosmetic surgery in Essex since opening in 1970. Our experienced consultants have built a robust reputation throughout The East, providing first-class care and helping patients achieve their aesthetic expectations from surgery.
Our experienced cosmetic consultants regularly perform tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) and can provide you with rapid access to treatment. We know that making such a personal and important decision isn’t easy. Undertaking any form of cosmetic surgery is a big step and therefore we insist all patients engage with one of our consultants in Brentwood, ensuring they are well informed before making the right decision.
How to book a consultation at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital
If you are looking to undergo tummy tuck surgery, you can book an initial consultation with one of our cosmetic surgeons by calling our dedicated hospital enquiry team on 01277 695 695.
During your initial consultation, you consultant will talk through all possible treatment options, before creating a treatment plan that has been individually tailored to you.
Cosmetic surgery open events
If you are unsure about abdominoplasty and wish to find out more information, you can always come along to one of our free cosmetic surgery open events in Brentwood. Here you will get the opportunity to meet some of our cosmetic consultants and ask any questions you may have.
Is a tummy tuck procedure right for me?
- You are most likely to benefit from a tummy tuck if you are self-conscious about what your abdomen looks like
- This is sometimes because the skin of the abdomen does not shrink back after pregnancy or after losing a lot of weight
- This procedure is not appropriate for people who are over weight or as an attempt to lose weight
- Your surgeon in Brentwood will carry out a thorough assessment before deciding if surgery is suitable for you
- The operation is performed under a general anaesthetic and usually takes between 2 - 5 hours.
The different surgical options available:
- Full abdominoplasty - is suitable if you have a lot of excess skin. Your surgeon will make a curved cut from one hip to the other. They will remove any excess skin and fat. Your surgeon will then cut under the skin above your umbilicus (belly button), pulling it downwards and tightening it. Sometimes they will need to reconstruct your umbilicus and tighten the muscles of the abdominal wall
- Mini abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only have a little excess skin. Your surgeon will only need to make a small cut just above the pubic area to remove the excess skin
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty - is suitable if you only need to have the muscles of your abdominal wall tightened. Your surgeon will make small cuts and use special surgical instruments to tighten the muscles.
Going home after your abdominoplasty procedure
- The length of your hospital stay depends on which procedure is performed
- With full abdominoplasty, you should be able to go home after 2 - 3 days
- You may have dressings and drains (plastic tubes) coming out of both sides of your abdomen
- The drains are usually removed before you leave hospital
- You will be given post-operative pain killers
- Most patients are mobile from day one and return to normal activities within 6 weeks
- We recommend discussing returning to work with your surgeon
- The results of an abdominoplasty improve gradually over the first 6 months
- To achieve the best outcome patients should maintain a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
Most people make a good recovery and return to normal activities. However, although rare, as with any surgery there can be complications:
- Developing a swelling
- Numbness or persistent pain
- Cosmetic problems.
Tummy tuck surgery costs
The cost of tummy tuck surgery may be more affordable than you think. Our prices are inclusive of all costs and have no hidden surprises. You have the option to pay for your procedure as a one off payment or if preferred, you may be eligible for an interest-free loan.
We are confident that the price for your treatment at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital will be competitive and we are proud to deliver outstanding clinical care at a fair price.
To achieve the best results from any type of plastic surgery, whether it is breast enhancement, liposuction, a face lift or tummy tuck, it is important to do your research first. Mr Darren Lewis provides some tips for what to ask before surgery.