- Specialities Clinical Psychology
- Telephone 07511 630 911
- Year of first qualification 1989
- Email email@example.com
- Fax 01904 715 288
Diana Toseland is a Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist with over 25 years of experience in Neuro-rehabilitation. She has worked in York since January 1996 within the department of Psychological Medicine. Prior to working in York, she has worked in Specialist Rehabilitation centres for patients with acquired brain damage. She trained in Newcastle and worked in Northumberland for a number of years before moving to Yorkshire.
Within the Department of Psychological Medicine Diana is clinical lead for Neuropsychology and deputy head of the department. She sees patients referred to the service that require Neuropsychology assessment and treatment. Her special interest is Neuro-rehabilitation, and she has a good working knowledge of specialist neuro-rehabilitation. She 25 years experience doing Clinico-legal work and is a recognised expert witness.
The assessment work includes full psychometric assessment of cognition, assessment of early stages of dementia, assessment of mental capacity, and comprehensive neuropsychological assessment in context of biopsychosocial model. She has a good working knowledge of a number of therapeutic models for adjustment to disability, altered cognitive ability, and dealing with the long term impact of neuro-disability.
Diana also has skills of leadership and service development and delivery.
- By arrangement
- Consultant Clinical Neuropsychologist
- Deputy head of dept of Psychological Medicine; clinical lead neuropsychology
- Neuropsychological assessment, treatment and rehabilitation
- Specialist traumatic brain injury rehabilitation
- Psychological and neuropsychological assessment for neurological conditions
- Psychological treatment and therapy for patients with neurological conditions
- Treatment and therapy for patients with functional conditions
- Clinical supervision
- Staff management
- Medico-legal neuropsychology assessments.
Dressage, violin, bobbin lace making, reading, cinema, walking with my dog, cycling, gardening, socialising with friends, theatre and opera, live music and comedy, travel and archaeology.
- British Psychological Society
- Division of Clinical Psychology
- Division of Neuropsychology
- Special Group for Independent Practitioner
- Crisis Disaster and Trauma Psychology Section
- Current clinical audit
- Service development
DeclarationMs Diana Toseland works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Ms Diana Toseland does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Ms Diana Toseland does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Ms Diana Toseland does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.