- Specialities Neurosurgery, Spinal and Neck Surgery, Spinal Disorders, Spinal Surgery
- Telephone 01273 627007 (Brighton appointments) / 07889460924 (Medical Secretary)
- Year of first qualification 1990
- Email Brighton.firstname.lastname@example.org Emilyculley.email@example.com
English and Hindi
- GMC Number 6041668
Mr Tony Elias is a Consultant Neurosurgeon with special interest in spinal disorders. He treats all pathologies, both routine and complex, including degenerative disc diseases in the neck and lower back. He is experienced in instrumenting at all levels of the spine. He understands the importance of care, compassion and good communication; and is keen to discuss all treatment options with his patients.
He finished his basic medical degree and neurosurgical training in India; he has worked in a number of reputed hospitals including Hinduja National Hospital in Mumbai, and has been a faculty member in training programmes. After coming to the UK, he was selected for the London Neurosurgical rotation, which he completed in 2008 and obtained the intercollegiate fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons; he went on to do a Paediatric Neurosurgery fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital, London and a Complex Spinal Fellowship at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen’s Square, London .
Mr. Elias is passionate about teaching medical students in addition to acting as an examiner and interviewer of medical students at Brighton and Sussex Medical School. He has published a number of papers, and has delivered numerous educational papers at local, national and international meetings. He is committed to safety in surgery and improvement in patient outcomes, resulting in better patient experience.
- Alternate Wednesdays 9:30 – 12:30
- Consultant Neurosurgeon, Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
DeclarationMr Tony Elias works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Tony Elias does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Tony Elias does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Tony Elias does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.