Mr Armstrong is a Consultant Hepatobiliary and General Surgeon. He has particular expertise in managing cancer of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas and looks after patients from across the South Coast who need treatment for these conditions. His other main interests are management of gallstones and repairing hernias.
- Every Monday, Tuesday or Thursday
- Consultant Hepatobiliary and General Surgeon, University Hospital Southampton.
Gallstones, gallbladder, gallbladder cancer, pancreas, pancreatic cancer, pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour, pancreatic cyst, pancreatitis, liver, liver metastasis, hepatocellular carcinoma, liver cyst, bile duct cancer, hernia, inguinal hernia, paraumbilical hernia, incisional hernis, key hole surgery, laparoscopic surgery.
In his free time Mr Armstrong enjoys sailing, cycling and the playing golf.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons Of Edinburgh
- UK & Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (UKINETS)
- International Hepatobiliary Association(IHPBA)
- European Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (ENETS)
Mr Armstrong was awarded a PhD for his studies in the cell biology of pancreatic cancer. He has published widely in the field of liver and pancreatic surgery.