Mr Armstrong is a Consultant Hepatobiliary and General Surgeon. He has particular expertise in managing cancer of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas and looks after patients from across the South Coast who need treatment for these conditions. His other main interests are management of gallstones and repairing hernias.
Gallstones, gallbladder, gallbladder cancer, pancreas, pancreatic cancer, pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour, pancreatic cyst, pancreatitis, liver, liver metastasis, hepatocellular carcinoma, liver cyst, bile duct cancer, hernia, inguinal hernia, paraumbilical hernia, incisional hernis, key hole surgery, laparoscopic surgery.
In his free time Mr Armstrong enjoys sailing, cycling and the playing golf.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Thomas Armstrong at Nuffield Health
- Bile duct resection
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Liver resection
Mr Armstrong was awarded a PhD for his studies in the cell biology of pancreatic cancer. He has published widely in the field of liver and pancreatic surgery.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons Of Edinburgh
- UK & Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (UKINETS)
- International Hepatobiliary Association(IHPBA)
- European Neuroendocrine Tumour Society (ENETS)
Other post held
- Consultant Hepatobiliary and General Surgeon, University Hospital Southampton.
Insurers Mr Thomas Armstrong works with
Mr Thomas Armstrong works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Medical Care Direct
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA