- Specialities Ophthalmology
- Telephone 01642 367448 (Frances)
- Year of first qualification 1991
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 5189234
After completing his Ophthalmic training at Christian Medical College in Vellore India, Mr Thomas then completed his Surgical Retina and Medical Retina Fellowships in 2003 at the Royal Victoria Infirmary.
He has been working as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Darlington Memorial Hospital since 2003 and has been running a busy clinic at the Nuffield Health Tees Hospital since 2006.
Mr Thomas’ practice covers a range of Ophthalmic conditions including Cataract Surgery where he has been using Multifocal Intraocular lenses for the last four years. He is also highly experienced in age related macular degeneration and diabetic eye problems.
- Tuesday PM
- Consultant Ophthalmologist, Darlington Memorial Hospital
- Member of European Society of Cataract and Refractive surgeons
- American Academy of Opthalmology
- Royal College of Opthalmology
- British and Eire Association of Vitreo Retinal Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
Mr Thomas has been actively involved in research projects throughout his medical career. His current research projects include Age Related Macular Degeneration and Diabetic eye conditions.
DeclarationMr Saju Thomas works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Saju Thomas does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Saju Thomas does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Saju Thomas does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.