Mr Philip Ridings
BM, DM, FRCS
GMC number: 3254022
Practicing since: 1987
- Weekly Monday 17:30 - 19:30
- Bi Weekly Thursday 13:30 - 16:30
Or call us on
Mr Ridings has broad training in all aspects of General Surgery, with a particular interest in the management of Gallstones, Hernia repair, Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy and investigation of abdominal pain.
Mr Ridings has recently been appointed as a Bowel Cancer Screening Colonoscopist.
Current interests in surgical training, Gallstones, Hernia repair and Endoscopy.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Philip Ridings at Nuffield Health
- Open surgery groin hernia repair
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Hernia repair
- Excision of skin lesion
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Laparoscopic groin hernia repair
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Abdominal adhesion surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Hernia unilateral
Locations Mr Philip Ridings works with
During his training, he conducted research into the effects of severe infections and trauma.
- Medical Protection Society
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Other posts held
- Consultant General and Colorectal Surgeon, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals Trust
Insurers Mr Philip Ridings works with
Mr Philip Ridings works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Philip Ridings does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Philip Ridings does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Philip Ridings does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.