Mr Philip Jaycock is a consultant ophthalmologist at Bristol Eye Hospital. He graduated from Bristol medical school in 1997 and completed fellowship training in cornea and refractive surgery at Bristol Eye Hospital and Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
His sub-specialist interests include: cataract and refractive surgery, cornea, keratoconus, corneal collagen cross-linking (CXL) and medico-legal reports.
In the largest study of its kind, Mr Jaycock published a paper on the outcomes of 55,567 cataract surgery operations eyes using electronic patient records. This work has updated National and International benchmark standards for cataract surgery.
He was awarded his MD from the University of London for his innovative corneal research work. Mr Jaycock has also been awarded a number of prestigious prizes and awards for his innovative research work and audits, including:
- Best Paper in Peer-reviewed Journal, South Western Ophthalmological Society 2008
- Best Refractive Paper, United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons Meeting 2006
- Best Paper, Royal Society of Medicine, Annual Meeting 2004
- Cataract surgery
- Refractive surgery
- Premium intraocular lenses
- Toric intraocular lenses
- Multifocal intraocular lenses
- Corneal collagen cross-linking (CXL)
- Dry eye disease
- Medico-legal reports
Mr Jaycock currently supervises specialist registrars and optometrists.
Football, snowboarding and golf.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Philip Jaycock at Nuffield Health
Mr Jaycock is actively involved in audit and research in cataract and refractive surgery. His publication list includes:
- Jaycock P, Johnston RL, Taylor H, Adams M, Tole DM, Galloway P, Canning C, Sparrow JM; UK EPR user group.The Cataract National Dataset electronic multi-centre audit of 55,567 operations: updating benchmark standards of care in the United Kingdom and internationally. Eye (Lond). 2009 Jan; 23:38-49. Awarded Best Paper in Peer-reviewed Journal, South West Ophthalmology Society Meeting 2008
- Narendran N, Jaycock P, Johnston RL, Taylor H, Adams M, Tole DM, Asaria RH, Galloway P, Sparrow JM. The Cataract National Dataset electronic multicentre audit of 55,567 operations: risk stratification for posterior capsule rupture and vitreous loss. Eye (Lond). 2009 Jan; 23:31-7
- El-Hindy N, Johnston RL, Jaycock P, Eke T, Braga AJ, Tole DM, Galloway P, Sparrow JM; UK EPR user group.The Cataract National Dataset Electronic Multi-centre Audit of 55,567 operations: anaesthetic techniques and complications.Eye (Lond). 2009 Jan; 23:50-5
- Knox Cartwright NE, Johnston RL, Jaycock PD, Tole DM, Sparrow JM. The Cataract National Dataset electronic multicentre audit of 55,567 operations: When should IOL Master biometric measurements be rechecked? Eye (Lond). 2010 May; 24(5): 894-900
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- British Medical Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Other post held
- Consultant specialist in cornea and refractive surgery at Bristol Eye Hospital
- Member of the UK Cross-linking Consortium (UK CXL) Steering Committee
Insurers Mr Philip Jaycock works with
Mr Philip Jaycock works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Mr Philip Jaycock does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Philip Jaycock has the following interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital:
Mr Philip Jaycock is legally obliged to inform you that he owns an Ophthalmic Diagnostic Workstation used at Nuffield Health Bristol Hospital.
Mr Philip Jaycock does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.