Mr Paul Banwell is an internationally-respected Plastic Surgeon based in Tunbridge Wells with over 15 years experience. He was schooled in Tunbridge Wells (The Skinners’ School) and has great affinity with the local area. He qualified from St Mary’s Hospital (now part of Imperial College) and trained in prestigious institutions at home (Oxford, St George’s, Roehampton, The Royal Marsden) and abroad (USA, Sweden, France & Australia).
He specialises in Cosmetic Surgery but also has a wealth of experience in skin health, skin cancer and scarring and lectures worldwide on these subjects. He has published extensively in the scientific literature and is a Visiting Professor of Plastic Surgery to Harvard Medical School.
Paul has pioneered many innovations in cosmetic surgery as well as in the field of aesthetic and regenerative medicine (including cosmeceutical skin care, chemical peels and the treatment of scars). Although he performs all aspects of cosmetic surgery, his particular areas of expertise are in cosmetic breast surgery (including the latest hybrid techniques), mummy makeovers, tummy tucks, labiaplasty, liposuction and caesarean section scar revisions.
He is a also favourite with Beauty Editors for expert comment on the latest trends and his work has received accolades from Tatler and The Times. He has also been an Ambassador to several charitable organisations.
Paul is also a recognized skin cancer expert and set up and headed one of the largest skin cancer units in the UK (MASCU in East Grinstead) for nearly a decade. He performs daily mole checks, mole removal and the full range of skin cancer management. He is now the Lead Plastic Surgeon for a large community skin service (SCDS).
Mr Banwell has developed an international reputation in the field of wound healing and scarring and lectures worldwide. He has also pioneered some of the latest concepts in skin health and chemical peels and is an acknowledged expert in cosmeceuticals as well as being the Founder and Director of The Skin Institute UK and Chief Medical Director of Skin Associates Ltd in London.
In his youth he played several sports to county level and competed in the world championships for his martial arts. He is passionate about collecting modern art and enjoys surfing, skiing, keep fit and martial arts.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Paul Banwell at Nuffield Health
- Skin grafts for leg ulcers
- Body contouring
- Fat grafting
- Mole removal
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Ear pinning cosmetic surgery (Pinnaplasty)
- Post bariatric surgery (or body contouring)
- Thigh lift
- Gynaecomastia (male breast reduction)
- Breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Excision of skin lesion
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Dermal fillers
- Inverted nipple surgery
- Neck lift
- Breast reduction
- Drooping eyelids (Ptosis correction)
- Labial reduction (labiaplasty)
- Buttock lift
- Tummy tuck (Abdominoplasty)
- Brow lift
Mr Banwell has published two books and over 75 papers, book chapters and monographs.
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS)
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ISAPS)
Other post held
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead
- Lead Clinician for Skin Cancer and Director, Melanoma and Skin Cancer Unit
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Brighton and Sussex University Hospital
- Reconstructive &
- Aesthetic Surgeon, The McIndoe, East Grinstead
- Reconstructive &
- Aesthetic Surgeon, Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells
Insurers Mr Paul Banwell works with
Mr Paul Banwell works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Paul Banwell does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Paul Banwell does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Paul Banwell does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.