Mr Anderton studied medicine at The University of Manchester Medical School (2001-2006). Following this, he completed the North West Trauma and Orthopaedic registrar program in 2017. Further specialist international training was then obtained in Munich and Adelaide. He was awarded the British Association of Spine Surgeons and British Scoliosis Society president's travelling fellowship to visit spinal centres including Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol, Oxford and Stoke Mandeville. He is fully trained in all aspects of adult and paediatric spinal surgery and provides expert individualised Spinal care, using the latest techniques. Mr Anderton has been a NHS consultant at the Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital since 2018. He provides both acute and elective spinal care to adults and children.
Mr Anderton is actively involved with the teaching & training of junior doctors. He has completed a post-graduate diploma in Medical Education and holds a honorary clinical senior lecturer position at The University of Exeter.
Outside of medicine, Mr Anderton enjoys outdoor pursuits, travelling and spending time with his family.
- Degenerative conditions of the spine, including discectomy, decompression and fusion surgery.
- Spinal trauma & vertebral fractures, including decompression and stabilisation surgery.
- Spine deformity, including spondylolisthesis, scoliosis & kyphosis surgery.
- Spinal tumours, including decompression and stabilisation surgery.
- Spinal injections.
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery.
- Lateral and anterior lumbar spine surgery.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Michael Anderton at Nuffield Health
- Lumbar discectomy
- Removal of spinal hardware
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion
- Spinal (lumbar) Decompression
- Facet joint injections
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Nerve blocks
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- X-Ray Guided Facet Joint Injection
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Spinal fusion surgery
- Trauma Surgery
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other posts held
- Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital Consultant in spinal surgery
Insurers Mr Michael Anderton works with
Mr Michael Anderton works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare