- Specialities Orthopaedics, Joint replacement, Key Hole Surgery, Musculoskeletal, Sports Medicine
- Telephone 0113 388 2067
- Year of first qualification 1995
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- GMC Number 4179926
- Fax 0113 301 0245
Mr Conroy is a specialist hip surgeon. He provides a comprehensive hip service covering all aspects of hip complaints across age groups.
Jon is known for his interest in sports-related hip injuries and non-arthritic hip/groin pain in the young patient. In establishing a Yorkshire regional referral practise in Hip Arthroscopy (key hole surgery of the hip) over a decade ago he now has one of the largest Hip Arthroscopy practises in the UK. He provides leading treatments including stem cell therapy and lectures internationally on hip related conditions.
Hip replacement is a large portion of Jon’s practise and in 2017 he was the first surgeon to perform robotic-assisted hip replacement in the North of England. He believes robotic assistance aids in ensuring consistent and accurate positioning of implants to give the best functional outcome. See Jon talking about robot-assisted hip replacement surgery in this video (opens in a new window on YouTube)
His experience includes approximately 300 hip replacements and revision hip replacements per year (source).
Trained at St Andrews and Manchester Universities he completed surgical training in Yorkshire in 2006 with specialist hip surgery training in Brisbane, Australia 2005-2006.
Jon has a passion for engineering completing his Mechanical Engineering MSc with distinction in 2006. He is a consultant for leading orthopaedic manufacturers in the development of new orthopaedic products.
Mr Conroy specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
- Bone graft
- Cartilage reconstruction
- Hip arthroscopy
- Hip replacement
- Hip replacement using robotic-arm assisted technology
- Hip revision
- Image guided joint injections
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee replacement
- Manipulation under anaesthetic (MUA)
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Robot-assisted partial knee replacement surgery
- Robot-assisted total knee replacement surgery
- Unicompartmental (partial) knee replacement surgery
Mr Conroy in the news
- Local surgeon celebrates his 100th robot-assisted operation
- Hip replacement at 29 gives Jimmy Walker a new lease of life
Robot-assisted hip replacement patients of Mr Conroy. Video case studies.
(opens in a new window on YouTube, click on the image to view)
- Weekly Friday AM
- Occasional Monday AM
- Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon Harrogate District Hospital
Sport, cars, travel, family
- British Hip Society
- International Hip Arthroscopy Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
DeclarationMr Jon Conroy works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Jon Conroy does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Jon Conroy does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Jon Conroy does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.