Mr Moor undertook his medical training in Leeds, sampled life as a junior doctor in New Zealand and returned to Registrar training in the Yorkshire Deanery.
He completed a Royal College of Surgeons Fellowship at the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne and worked as a Consultant at Sunderland Royal Hospital for five years from 2010. He moved to Leeds in Feb 2015 and was granted Nuffield practising privileges later that year.
Within Leeds Teaching Hospitals Trust he is a core member of both the Head & Neck and Thyroid multi-disciplinary teams and has developed new treatment pathways for patients with tonsillar carcinoma in West Yorkshire using laser surgery.
He is a clinical trainer of junior doctors and is actively involved with a variety of research programmes.
Mr Moor specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Antral washout
- Deviated Septum (Septoplasty)
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- FESS (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery)
- Grommet insertion
- Head and Neck Oncology
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Microsuction of Ear Canal
- Nasal Polypectomy
- Parotid Gland Removal (Parotidectomy)
- Parotid Surgery
- Submandibular Gland Removal
- Thyroid Surgery
- Head & Neck Surgical Oncology
- Thyroid and Parathyroid disease
- Voice & Swallowing problems
- Throat disorders including globus sensation
- Reflux disease affecting the throat
- General adult and paediatric ENT
- Nasal obstruction
- Nasal polyps
Mr Moor is married with three children, he is an FA certified football coach and coaches one of his childrens’ football team. He is also a keen triathlete and in July 2016 completed the UK Ironman triathlon. He likes to ski, to sail and enjoys attempting to grow a variety of fruit and veg in the garden at home, with varying degrees of success.
English and basic French
Treatments and tests offered by Mr James Moor at Nuffield Health
- Head and neck oncology
- Antral washout
- Fine needle biopsy
- Nasal polypectomy
- Soft tissue lump service
- Endocrine investigations
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)
- Deviated septum (Septoplasty)
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Parotid surgery
- Parotid gland removal (parotidectomy)
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Microsuction of ear canal
- MRI scan
- Head and neck surgery
- Submandibular gland removal
- Grommet insertion
- Thyroid surgery
Mr Moor’s presentations at national and international conference, and, peer reviewed publications cover a wide range of issues relating to head & neck cancer & thyroid & parathyroid disease. Current research interests include functional outcomes following treatment of head & neck cancer and symptoms relating to presentation of patients to head & neck fast-track clinics.
- British Association of Endocrine & Thyroid Surgeons
- Royal College of Surgeons
- ENT UK
Other post held
- Consultant ENT/Head & Neck Surgeon at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, LGI
Insurers Mr James Moor works with
Mr James Moor works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- Universal Provident
Mr James Moor does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr James Moor does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr James Moor does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.