- Specialities Orthopaedics
- Telephone 01244 684 325
- Year of first qualification 1981
- Email Outpatient.Appointments@nuffieldhealth.com
- GMC Number 2725679
- Fax 01244 680 812
Mr Ian Harvey studied medicine in Liverpool with specialist training in Orthopaedic Surgery in Sheffield and Liverpool. He completed an upper limb and hand fellowship at Wrightington Hospital under the direction of Professor John Stanley. He has been a Consultant Upper Limb and Hand Surgeon in Chester since 1994 and is the Senior Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Countess of Chester Hospital Foundation NHS Trust.
Mr Harvey was one of the first surgeons in the Mersey Region to perform arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and also performs arthroscopy of the elbow and wrist. He is trained in arthroscopic shoulder surgery for both degenerative conditions e.g. rotator cuff lesions but also trauma and sports injuries e.g. dislocations and instability. He performs diagnostic ultrasound of the shoulder in clinic where indicated. He has extensive experience of treating other soft tissue conditions e.g. tennis and golfers elbow and also complex instabilities of the wrist. Mr Harvey performs shoulder and elbow replacement as well as joint replacements in the wrist and hand. He is experienced in treating peripheral nerve conditions e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome. He has great experience in the treatment of Dupuytren's disease and can offer a range of treatment options from excision with skin grafting for aggressive disease, through simple excision, to needle aponeurotomy carried out in clinic under local anaesthetic.
- Wednesdays 18:00 - 21:00
- Fridays 08:30 - 12:00
- Patients require a referral from a GP
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital, Chester
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic association
- Fellow of the British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- British Shoulder Elbow Society
DeclarationMr Ian Harvey works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mr Ian Harvey does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Ian Harvey does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Ian Harvey does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.