The first NHS registered
Consultant Podiatrist in Wales through consultant portfolio. Specialist areas
are Sport and performance, post trauma recovery, Complex tendon management,
diagnostic and interventional ultrasound, Ultrasound Tissue Characterisation (UTC).
Gafin is a CASE accredited diagnostic and interventional ultrasound educator
and examiner with an active research
portfolio. Website :- www.podiatrywales.com
- Musculoskeletal Podiatry
- Gait & Running Analysis
- Sports injury management
- Post-trauma recovery
- Conservative management of Achilles tendon ruptures
- Tendinopathy management
- Ultrasound Tissue Characterisation
- Real-time Chronic Exertional Compartment syndrome testing
Running, Cross Fit, Music.
Active, published research portfolio.
Current Research funding awards
British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society. Date of Award: 2022
Publications as lead author:
- Quantitative Weight Bearing and non-weight Bearing Measures of Stiffness in the Achilles Tendon and Gastrocnemius Muscle, Muscle Ligaments and Tendons Journal, 2020-03 | Journal article
Objective assessment of stiffness in the gastrocnemius muscle in patients with symptomatic Achilles tendons, BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine, 2019-10 } Journal article
- Objective assessment of stiffness in Achilles tendinopathy: a novel approach using the MyotonPRO, BMJ Open Sport & Exercise Medicine, 2018-11 | Journal article
- Proof of Concept trial of Diagnostic Ultrasound in the Orthopaedic Triage Setting, Open Science Journal, 2018-03-25 | Journal article
Active reviewer for:
- Journal of Sports Biomechanics (2019 – present)
- British Medical Journal - Open Sports and Exercise Medicine (2018-present)
- Royal College of Podiatry The Health & Care Professions Council
Other posts held
- Consultant Podiatrist, Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
Insurers Mr Gafin Morgan works with
Mr Gafin Morgan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
Mr Gafin Morgan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Gafin Morgan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Gafin Morgan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.