Mr Gough is a Trauma & Orthopaedic consultant with a special interest in hand, wrist and peripheral nerve surgery. Working full-time as an NHS consultant at Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton, his practice covers musculoskeletal and nerve problems relating to the hand, wrist and elbow.
After completing his orthopaedic training in the South West, Mr Gough undertook two fellowships in Hand Surgery. The first, an Advanced Interface Fellowship at the University of Birmingham Hospitals and the second at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff. His postgraduate qualifications include the British Diploma in Hand Surgery, a fellowship in Medical Leadership and a Master's degree in Sports Medicine - combining his passion for sport with a professional interest in sports injuries.
As a dual fellowship trained hand and wrist surgeon, he treats all conditions affecting the hand and wrist, up to the elbow. This can involve directed therapy, injections or surgery.
Common operations performed include:
- Carpal tunnel decompression
- Cubital tunnel decompression
- Surgery for arthritis including joint replacements
- Dupuytren's contracture procedures (fasciectomy, skin grafts and needle fasciotomies)
Procedures are performed under local, regional or general anaesthetic – tailored to maximise safety and achieve the best pain relief or functional result from surgery.
Sport - watching,
playing and coaching.
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Anthony Gough at Nuffield Health
- Manipulation under anaesthesia (MUA)
- Local anaesthetic
- Dupuytren's fasciectomy
- Tennis elbow release
- Nerve blocks
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Hand surgery
- Nerve surgery
- Trigger Point Injections
- Trauma Surgery
- Image guided joint injections
- Cubital tunnel release
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Member of the Faculty of Surgical Trainers, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Hand & Wrist Surgeon, Musgrove Park Hospital Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Mr Anthony Gough works with
Mr Anthony Gough works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA