Dr Bott qualified as a Doctor at Charing Cross Hospital inn 1958. He undertook his training as a psychiatrist at Bexley St Olive’s and Guy’s Hospital passing the DPM in 1965 and being granted foundation membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists in 1971. In the same year, he was appointed as an Adult Consultant Psychiatrist serving the Hastings and Bexhill catchment area and he served until his retirement in 1986. The post involved providing Adult Psychiatric services to a catchment area covering Bexhill, Hastings and surrounding areas with one Adult Psychiatric colleague.
He established a day service at Hellingly Hospital, which was subsequently transferred to a Community Mental Health provision in Hastings where he was working at the time of his retirement. He also established a Community Alcohol Team, continuing an interest in the treatment of alcohol disorders, which he had started at Bexley Hospital during his training. He was also involved in the Assessment and treatment of Forensic Patients comprising an extensive range of criminal activities ranging from minor offences to the perpetrators of serious crimes, namely manslaughter and murder.
- Diagnosis or treatment of mental disorder
- Assessment of adult psychiatric patients with a wide range of conditions including anxiety and phobic states, depression, schizophrenia, alcohol abuse and personality disorders
- Treatment of resistant Anxiety and Depressive conditions
- Assessment and treatment of stress related conditions especially Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Assessment of employees who have experienced stress in the context of employment as a result of work overload, poor management, bullying and/or harassment at work
- The psychological impact of medical and surgical negligence
- Use of mediation as an alternative to adversarial legal conduct in cases
- Preparation of Medico-Legal Reports covering personal injury, family issues and forensic assessments
New strategies for the treatment of common psychological conditions.
Dr Bott is actively involved in adult psychiatric private practice. He currently supervises the treatment of patients with a wide range of psychiatric conditions together with providing a specialist service for the treatment of depressive disorders and alcohol related problems. He assesses and treats stress related conditions including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder resulting from accidents and also medical negligence and conditions resulting from bullying and overload in the workplace including Post Traumatic Embitterment Disorder.
Dr Bott has consulting rooms at the Nuffield Hospital, Kingswood Road in Tunbridge Wells, Kent and at Willicombe House, Tunbridge Wells, Kent.
Dr Bott undertook a study of the use of intravenous Haloperidol in the Management of Acute Severe Excitement together with Dr A J Oldham during his Postgraduate career.
- British Medical Association
- Expert Witness Institute
- Independent Doctor’s Federation
- Peer Group for CPD
- Brighton & Hove Medical Society
- Society of Mediators
Insurers Dr Michael Colchester Bott works with
Dr Michael Colchester Bott works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Michael Colchester Bott does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Michael Colchester Bott does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Michael Colchester Bott does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.