Professor Anand Prakash holds a private practice at Nuffield Health Chester Hospital, The Grosvenor, as a Consultant Geriatrician. His NHS base is the Countess of Chester hospital.
Professor Prakash consults in Geriatrics, Geriatric Medicine, General Internal Medicine and General Medicine with special interest in Osteoporosis, Falls, Syncope, and Dementia.
Professor Prakash is Lead for Falls and Orthogeriatrics services in Chester. He is Royal College Tutor and also International Examiner for MRCP PACES examination. Prof. Prakash completed his training from Northern deanery, Newcastle.
Osteoporosis & Orthogeriatrics, Falls and Faints(Syncope),Dementia.
Cricket, Reading, Travelling
- Was principal investigator in Research project at Sunderland Royal Hospital. We also received grant from British Geriatrics Society.
- Significance of pulmonary hypertension in subjects investigated with transthoracic echocardiography for suspected heart failure (SOPHIE)
- Joint project of Geriatrics and Cardiology department. ( 2005-2007)
- I have successfully completed research on “Acute Myocardial Infarction –An Echocardiography Assessment “ during my MD in India. After successful completion of this research I was awarded MD degree. This was an assessment of cardiac function in patients, who presented with Acute myocardial Infarction (diagnosed either clinically or by ECG) and ECHO was done on all of them within 24hrs and results were analysed (1994-1997)
- Completed research ‘Significance of Visuo-spatial impairment in Fallers’ Presented in international falls conference 2011
- Currently involved in a research project ‘Comprehensive Geriatrics Assessment: Taken the patient in to the Team.’ Joint project Care of the elderly and Acute Medicine.
- Planning research project in Orthogeriatrics
Publications & Presentations
- Oxford text book of Anaesthesia for elderly patient, which has been published in 2014 http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199604999.do
- Aging at system level: Neurological
- Neurological disorders in the Elderly
- Basic Science: aging at cellular Level
- Written online falls module for Chester University.
- Wii can rehabilitate has been published in Geriatric Medicine(GM)(volume 41no 4, April2011
- BPPV in older people has been published in Geriatric Medicine(GM)(Volume 44, April2014)
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Physicians (Lon) (Ed)
- Medical Protection Society
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (London)
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh)
Other post held
- Consultant Physician, General and Geriatric Medicine Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Trust, Chester
Insurers Professor Anand Prakash works with
Professor Anand Prakash works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Professor Anand Prakash does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Anand Prakash does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Anand Prakash does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.