- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Chilli powder
- Ginger powder
- Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Can of tomatoes
- 200g cooked prawns
- 2 handfuls of broccoli florets
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic with coconut oil until the onion turns transparent
- Add a teaspoon each of chilli, turmeric and ginger (adapt for your taste buds) and fry for a minute to release the flavour
- Add a can of tomatoes and cook for five minutes
- Add cooked prawns, broccoli florets and coconut milk and heat gently until the prawns have turned pink and broccoli has softened.
- Serve with wholemeal rice, or add extra vegetables to the curry instead.
This recipe is packed full of goodness: Prawns are a great, low fat source of protein while ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties. Tomatoes are a good source of lycopene, well known for its anti-cancer properties and the added broccoli supports our liver detox processes, particularly hormonal processing.
Last updated Friday 22 April 2022
First published on Thursday 7 January 2016