At Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital our expert urology consultants specialise in male sterilisation and can provide you with rapid access to a vasectomy.
Why choose Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital for your vasectomy surgery?
If your personal circumstances have changed and you are looking to undergo male sterilisation, our leading urologists are here to help and provide expert advice and rapid access to treatment. Choosing to have a vasectomy is a very important decision and we strongly encourage that you talk with your partner and engage in a full consultation with one of our expert urologists before proceeding with any treatment.
Although a vasectomy is widely considered to be permanent, the procedure can be reversed if your personal circumstances change. Vasectomy reversal surgery is also performed at Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital, however since the surgery is more complex, there is no guarantee that the procedure will be successful.
Is a vasectomy right for you?
You should only consider a vasectomy if you are certain that you do not want any or further children. If you have a partner, it is important to discuss your thoughts with them first. If you do have any doubts, it’s best to wait until you have made a definite decision.
How does a vasectomy work?
- The operation works by stopping the sperm made in the testes reaching the semen
- Your body can still produce sperm, but the testicles reabsorb it naturally
- The surgery is under local anaesthetic and lasts about 30 minutes
- You may have some pain and swelling following the procedure but you should be able to return to work in 2 to 3 days
- After surgery, we will check your semen to make sure no sperm is present
- You should use alternative contraception until these tests are complete
- This can take up to 12 weeks.
Will my sex life be affected by a vasectomy?
- A vasectomy will not affect your sex drive or your ability to enjoy sex
- Semen is still produced, there is simply no sperm present
- You should use another form of contraception until we have confirmed that the operation is a success through a semen test
- You should remember that a vasectomy protects against causing pregnancy. but it does not protect against any sexually transmitted infection.
Wood Road, Tettenhall, Wolverhampton, WV6 8LE
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Diagnostics||If needed to determine treatment plan|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£845|
The guide price
stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price
may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any
pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway.
You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following
your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more