Vasectomy reversal treatment in Hampshire
Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital in Hampshire offers first-class treatment facilities. Our expert team of consultants and nurses will support you from your initial consultation through to recovery and aftercare. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £150|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£2,800|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our Wessex Hospital today
Fill in the form below, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
Winchester Road, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, SO53 2DW
Why choose Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital for your vasectomy reversal?
We offer a unique approach to care that puts our patients at the heart of everything we do. We've been looking after people for over 30 years and we'll try to make sure your stay with us is as smooth and comfortable as possible.
Even though you may not need to stay overnight, you'll be given a private room to rest in before and after your treatment, making Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital the ideal setting for your private vasectomy reversal procedure.
What happens during vasectomy reversal?
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic and usually takes between an hour and an hour and a half
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis (storage area)
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After your vasectomy reversal surgery at Wessex Hospital
You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you.
Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort. You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery. Gentle walking may speed your recovery. Please discuss any return to work with your consultant.
About 6-8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample. We will examine the sample for sperm. If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
Every surgical procedure has a risk of complications. Be sure and discuss any concerns you might have about these risks with your surgeon.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of vasectomy reversal:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.