Are you looking to skip the waiting list and receive rapid access to a colonoscopy? At Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital our experienced consultants are renowned for their diagnostic accuracy and you can expect to receive any findings from your scope very quickly.
Why choose Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital for your private colonoscopy procedure?
You can skip the waiting lists and get rapid access to a private colonoscopy here at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital. Our specialist general surgeons are experts in diagnostic scans and you can expect to receive a detailed analysis from your procedure swiftly.
By choosing to go private for your colonoscopy procedure in Newcastle, you can expect the very best in patient care. Our matron-led nursing team work tirelessly to create a calm and efficient hospital environment, where you can rest assured that you are in the best hands for your treatment.
Colonoscopies are performed as a day case procedure, so you can expect to be in and out of hospital on the same day. Even as a day case patient, you will still have access to our superb patient facilities. This includes your very own private room with a TV, radio, wireless internet and en-suite bathroom to relax in before and after treatment.
How to book a colonoscopy at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital
If you require a colonoscopy and want to us Nuffield Health, you will need to book an initial consultation first. To book, please call our dedicated hospital enquiry team in Newcastle on 0191 281 6131. Our friendly enquiry handlers will provide you with all the important information needed prior to attending your private consultation.
Alternatively, if you fill out a contact form above, a member of our enquiry team will get back to you at a more convenient time.
What is a colonoscopy?
- A colonoscopy is a test regularly carried out at our private hospital in Newcastle, which allows our consultants to look at the inner lining of your large intestine, (rectum and colon)
- We use a thin, flexible tube called a colonoscope to look at the colon
- A colonoscopy helps identify conditions such as ulcers, colon polyps, tumours and inflamed areas of inflammation.
Are there any alternatives to a colonoscopy?
Yes, other options can include a barium enema (an x-ray of the large bowel) or a CT colography (a special scan of the large bowel).
What does a colonoscopy procedure involve?
- If appropriate, the endoscopist may offer you a sedative or painkiller
- A colonoscopy usually takes between half an hour and three-quarters of an hour
- The procedure involves placing a flexible telescope into the back passage and blowing some air into the large bowel to get a clear view
- The endoscopist will be able to look for problems such as inflammation or polyps
- They will be able to perform biopsies and take photographs to help make the diagnosis.
What complications can happen?
- Allergic reaction
- Breathing difficulties or heart irregularities
- Making a hole in the colon
- Incomplete procedure.
How soon will I recover from my colonoscopy?
- If you were given a sedative, you will normally recover in approximately 2 hours
- You may feel a bit bloated for a few hours but this will pass
- Your consultant will report back to you the findings of your colonoscopy
- Most of our patients are able to go back to work the day after the colonoscopy.
A colonoscopy is usually a very safe and effective way of finding out if you have a problem with your large bowel.
Clayton Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 1JP
|Initial consultation||from £200|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£2,170|
The guide price stated above is an approximation of the cost of treatment only. The final price may vary according to Consultant fees, prosthesis or drugs used and any pre-existing medical conditions which may alter your care pathway. You will be given a fixed all-inclusive price for treatment following your initial consultation with a Consultant.
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more