Dr Nylander is a Consultant Gastroenterologist at Nuffield Health Newcastle Hospital and Newcastle upon Tyne Hospital (Freeman and RVI).
He is a graduate of Newcastle University Medical School (1988) and was initially appointed as a Consultant Gastroenterologist/ Physician at Sunderland Hospitals in 1999. He was there for 13 years and developed an interest in therapeutic and biliary endoscopy.
He was later appointed Consultant Gastroenterologist at Newcastle Hospitals and Clinical Director of North of Tyne Bowel Cancer Screening Centre in 2012.
Since starting in Newcastle, he has developed the following services; Radiofrequency ablation for Barretts dysplasia; Transnasal gastroscopy; BRAVO pH capsule insertion (for oesophageal acid studies) and balloon assisted enteroscopy. He also performs endoscopic removal of complex colonic polyps.
He has recently been appointed Director of Endoscopy and Newcastle Hospitals and is on the National Faculty of endscopy trainers in addition to being an assessor bowel screening endoscopists.
- Therapeutic endoscopy including Barretts endotherapy, Balloon assisted enteroscopy, Colon cancer screening and removal of complex polyps
- Endoscopy training
- Oesophageal physiology and BRAVO capsule insertion
- Transnasal endoscopy
- Organ music and playing football (over 40’s)
Treatments and tests offered by Dr David Nylander at Nuffield Health
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Colorectal screening
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
Other post held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist and Director of Endoscopy Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals. Clinical Director, North of Tyne Bowel Cancer Screening Centre.
Insurers Dr David Nylander works with
Dr David Nylander works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr David Nylander does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr David Nylander does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr David Nylander does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.